Cost to get running?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking at a nano 24g, says it has everything needed to keep it up and running. Upgraded lights, powerhead, and skimmer. Assuming it has no rock, what would be a estimated cost of getting it fish and coral ready?

I'm new to saltwater but been looking into reef tanks. I'd like to start out with a couple fish like clowns and some simple corals then work my way up from there

Well you would need sand and rock which can vary by location. I'd say about 30-35lbs of sand for say $35-$40 and about 35lbs of rock. You can get 30lbs of base rock which is about 2.30 a lb and the other 5lbs or more of live rock which can be from $5 a lb to even $12 a lb. You can also try craigslist where live rock is usually $2-3 a lb.

I guess it is actually up and running with 6 year old live rock from another tank. He said he'll send me a picture in a little while

So it had a little peice of cool shaped live rock but I'll have to get more. Has sand still. I'll be picking it up tomorrow around 4, I'll probably start a new thread for it. Thanks for the help everyone

Back
Top Bottom