cyno in my 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well since starting my 24 4 months ago I been buying water from lfs then I learn he uses regular well water for is mix not ro well as u all know I got my ro unit and began to mix my own are there any tricks on getting rid of this stuff ?,

Just try to suck up as much as you can with your water changes and do larger and more frequent changes, it will take awhile that way to get rid of. You could go the chemical route like I did and use some chemiclean. Got rid of a tank full of cyano overnight for me. :)

Hope Carey doesn't mind me chiming in. I also dealt with this pesky bacteria. Once I added chemipure elite as well as purigen to my filtration it slowly went away and I've had no more outbreaks since. There must be a point in the life of an established tank when this stuff appears. I'm probably wrong but it seems as though lots of people deal with this stuff somewhere down the line

Chime away. :) lol Ihave noticed the same thing, ALOT of people seem to battle it at some point or another. if you can nip it early water changes might be enough but I didn't have the patience so i went with the chemical solution.

Had my battle with it couple of weeks ago. Switched to Chemipure Elite and Purigen and replaced the crushed coral with sand and have not seen any since. Thanks to the good people on here that led me in the right direction!!

Well thanks a lot guys I did a 30 % water change with the new ro water not the lfs water I was using and sucked it all out ill try that and see how it goes ill get some chemi pure and try that if that don't work ill resort to chemical means

Well thanks a lot guys I did a 30 % water change with the new ro water not the lfs water I was using and sucked it all out ill try that and see how it goes ill get some chemi pure and try that if that don't work ill resort to chemical means

Just some info on cyno I could not keep it out of my 24 aquapod I tried everything all parms were 0 I used chemi clean it worked the a month later I had it again my tank was only 6 months old so I knew it could not be the lights I was using ro Di water nothing worked ...Until last week I took the hood off to clean salt creap I seen a sticker manufactured 4/ 2008 wow almost 4 years of age a redlight went off I checked the shelf life of the power compacts 2 years...so little to be told I went and got new bulbs wow my tank was much brighter and more blue less yellow within a week all cyno was gone no chemicals what so ever ...hope this helps so check your bulbs ifall other options fail remember current said 2 years shelf life not sure other brands but it worked for me

Back
Top Bottom