Day two!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horvy19

Aquarium Advice Freak
Added my live rock. Did my first test strips and everything is great so far. Temp is a little high 79.5. My house is at 73 and my tank heater is set at 74 so it shouldn't be on. How long should I wait and how often should I test? Also got a little crab and some little snails with my rock, should I remove them?

image-3341054229.jpg

Leave the crab and snails. They should be ok provided you don't have a huge ammonia spike. Test your water again in about 48 hours and see what your results say then. Looks good so far!

Tank looks good. I like rock so if it was me of add more live rock,that's just me though. Keep testing often and you don't need the lights on while your tank is cycling. It will help with algae.

Also IMSO test strips aren't good, they are known to be very inaccurate. If possible I'd go with at least the API saltwater test kit. Those strips seem to go down hill once the bottle is opened and the air hits them.

Horvy19 said:
Got the right test kit. A power head. And one more piece of live rock. Having trouble getting the
Having trouble getting the seascape right. Spent like an hour on it yesterday! Don't feel like messing with it today. Levels look good so far.

image-2914731419.jpg

image-1072401451.jpg

Horvy19 said:
Having trouble getting the seascape right. Spent like an hour on it yesterday! Don't feel like messing with it today. Levels look good so far.

It happens. You'll find the look you like. What I do and I know it may extreme but... I'm real critical with my scapes.

I take a few pictures and then load to my PC and I move, add or takeaway rocks and then add corals I may like and see how it looks.

It's worked so far. Good luck. Here for help/suggestions/advice...

:)

Try for lots of over hangs and caves and maybe get some smaller Rock to fill in some of the negative space but all together it's lookin' good what are you planning to put in there

As of now I want some cool looking coral and like 2 or 3 small fish. I'm such a newbie, I did tons of research but don't know names yet. I'll get there. Need suggestions of easy but cool liking corals for now. If I got my rock from an established tank Will I still get an ammonia spike?

Sweet thanks but how will I know what my lights handle or not, got the lights that come with the 14 gal bio cube?

When should I assume my goby is KIA. He's been MIA for over a week now. Also got some good pics with my iPhone.

image-2827721957.jpg

image-3604507741.jpg

image-2399688242.jpg

image-736414171.jpg

image-35750114.jpg

Found my goby in the pump chamber under the pump. I'm assuming he was there for awhile, but he's ok! I'm having trouble putting corals where a. They look good b. it's a good spot for them( flow and light wise) and c. So their is room for everything! Also got my in tank media basket. I thought it would be more of a tight fit but I got it so water is running though it and I think it's right.

image-2217662807.jpg

image-1811934497.jpg

Horvy19 said:
Found my goby in the pump chamber under the pump. I'm assuming he was there for awhile, but he's ok! I'm having trouble putting corals where a. They look good b. it's a good spot for them( flow and light wise) and c. So their is room for everything! Also got my in tank media basket. I thought it would be more of a tight fit but I got it so water is running though it and I think it's right.

You are using the stock lighting right

Back
Top Bottom