Did my water change as always on Friday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cal 440
Alk looks like 10 maybe 12
Salinity 1.026
Nitrates 10
Nitrites 0
Phosphates 0
Ammonia 0
Mag 1300
pH 8.2
Temp about 78-80

Sorry bud I don't use B-Ionic to dose. It looks as if calcium deposits are flying around everywhere. Just a thought, does the 2-part doser expire? Do any of the liquids look chunky? How did the corals react?

AquaRick said:
Sorry bud I don't use B-Ionic to dose. It looks as if calcium deposits are flying around everywhere. Just a thought, does the 2-part doser expire? Do any of the liquids look chunky? How did the corals react?

That's the thing Rick everything was just fine really it was. 30 seconds and gone! Is there a better product? I'm game if there is. I usually just do water changes and test since we last spoke. Maybe I shouldn't have dosed. Maybe it didn't need it. Should have known better then to have dosed before a test. And it's not expired as of yet.

If you have any opinions on a better dosing 2 part I'd love to hear it.

First off, are you sure you need to dose? With a good reef salt you may not need to. From what I've heard and from the tanks I've seen with some friends who use B-Ionic, the product seems to work well. Seems odd it made your tank into a snowglobe. Any new changes in the tank?

AquaRick said:
First off, are you sure you need to dose? With a good reef salt you may not need to. From what I've heard and from the tanks I've seen with some friends who use B-Ionic, the product seems to work well. Seems odd it made your tank into a snowglobe. Any new changes in the tank?

Nope. Nothing. Everything is doing GREAT! I think I may have just had a hiccup and not needed to dose. Not sure what I was thinking. I'm gonna just stick to water changes an testing. I dosed without testing. That's what my issue was I think.

Yeah good call. Just seems strange that it happened in the first place. Let me know how things go with the tank.

That is calcium precipitation. Happens when calcium is too high and the water column cannot hold anymore in solution. Or when added too fast to a water source and at cannot dissolve faster than the rate it is being introduced. Causing it to precipitate.

How did you dose? Dumping directly into tank is a no no.

Schism said:
That is calcium precipitation. Happens when calcium is too high and the water column cannot hold anymore in solution. Or when added too fast to a water source and at cannot dissolve faster than the rate it is being introduced. Causing it to precipitate.

How did you dose? Dumping directly into tank is a no no.

Yes :(

I just dumped it into the tank :(

Now I know for next time

Convict2161 said:
Yes :(

I just dumped it into the tank :(

Now I know for next time

Yep either use a dosing pump or mix it in a milk jug with Ro/di and drip it into the tank as your top-off. Slow drip is recommended.

Back
Top Bottom