Diy sump with a 90 gph pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jawaits

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am building a sump with filtration and a refugeium and a protein skimmer I have a 90 gph pump to pump water 4 feet up to my nano fowlr tank do I need a larger pump or will that work?

I think you might need a larger pump. You'll lose a bit of the flow due to the 4 foot travel the water has to do. How big is your nano? And how big is the sumo?

yeah if you look your pump up online, most of the better pumps will have a head height chart so you can be sure as to what youre pumping at 4 ft.
how big is your dt and how big is your sump?

Dis you make it yourself? I'm just a tad confused. is the tank drilled or something like that? Just trying to match up the overflow rate to the pump size....

I made the over flow myself and I made the sump as well

I would probably go with a bigger pump to be on the safe side, you can always dial down the return pump with a ball valve from home depot. :)

Here is a link with some pumps listed and what the gph is. It doesnt show how much head loss you will have due to the 4 feet of travel tubing.

I would think something in the 350 to 550 range at most.

just my thoughts, I'm pretty new to sumps myself. lol Just makes it harder for me to guess since I don't know what your overflow can handle gph wise.

I'm looking fir the cheapest rout is there anything I can do for less than 15 bucks

you can scour cl and ebay and maybe something will turn up, of course you can run your 90 for now, but its really not going to have much flow, your looking at 3-4x's and your want at least 10.

Back
Top Bottom