Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchar View Post
Love the cleaner shrimp! They have so much personality and spend a lot of their time out in the open not hiding. Mine jumps on my hand any time I do anything in the tank.
+1 Cleaner shrimp. They're always out and about. The Fire shrimp, though cooler looking, is always hiding.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll have to look into the goby/shrimp pair for the 38 gal. I've done a little reasearch, and their relationship sounds like it would be cool to observe. Do you know which gobies are more likely to pair with a pistol shrimp? I've seen pistol shrimp for sale every now and then at the lfs, but never a goby/shrimp pair. Is it possible for them to pair up even if purchased seperately, or should I look for ones already paired?

I also think the addition of some cleaner shrimp for both tanks to help eat up any leftovers would be a good idea as well. I'm thinking maybe 2 for the 10 gal. and 3 for the 38 gal. I'll need to do some more research on the emerald or porcelin crab....they sound really fun to watch.

Do you think a lg. featherduster would work out in the 10 gal.? One of the clowns in the 38 hangs out in the featherduster sometimes.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have a Yasha goby and Randall's pistol shrimp. They're fun to observe. It took them 2-3 weeks to settle in. My tank hadn't quite finished the cycle, only phosphates were high, but we never get those where I am. I got the last combo, they were my first real additions to the tank. Be careful when choosing pistol shrimp, apparently the Randall's is a more friendly one. I've got two sexy shrimp too. Might get more later they love my starburst polyps, Xenia and now play in the torch corals. The stay small and are quite enjoyable.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love my cleaner shrimp! He always jumps on my hand whenever it's in the tank. He does dig through my frogspawn after I feed it. But that's no big deal.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pistol shrimp will eat smaller shrimp btw

Tags
nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com