Dying yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I have a fuge can I drop him in there with my colarpa

That is so incredibly kind of you to buy that fish and try to save it. Most people would give one look and go "awwh" then walk away. Cheers to you!

But buying the sickly tang makes the LFS think "Hey, people will buy yellow tangs that are not taken care of well. Lets spend even less time and money on caring for them." It basically gives them a motivation to do that to a bunch more yellow tangs. Sometimes you have to let one take one for the team.

Ya he is fine so far (for as well as I can tell) I didn't think about that wow LFS suck I never thought they would be like that but idk what to do Now other that take care of him and hope for the best i won't let him due I'll do fishy CPR if I have too

Same thing happened to me with a Sailfin tang. He was so cute but was skinny but I thought I should save it. $25 later and a dead Sailfin tang and I'm never shopping there again. They have tons of fish in these small cubes with dead fishes. I found it funny that they were selling a percula clown pair and one of the clowns were dead....

This place has usually been great with fish I respected them bit. This guy was attacked my a hawkfish I just found out and the hawk fish ate his food idk why they wouldn't move him but still

I've only had him a few hours and he's hid most of them but I have open rockwork so I can see him he has eaten a little but not alot and he is nibbling on my hair alge

Make sure he keeps eating!!! Feed him everyday and watch him to see if he's eating. You can also try turning off your pumps so the food doesn't fly all over.

The process of netting a tang, bringing it home, and then acclimating it to a new tank is very stressful.

You had the noblest of intentions, and that is very admirable! However, I don't think that tang will make it very long. I hope it does, though!

Make sure he keeps eating!!! Feed him everyday and watch him to see if he's eating. You can also try turning off your pumps so the food doesn't fly all over.

im feeding him on a algae clip

Ya I have two clowns two damsels and a puffer I'm giving my damsels to my gf and my clownfish are moving to a breeder tank so it will be just the .5 inch puffer and clean up
Crew

Ya I asked if they could do a better deal on him cause he's not looking good and they said no that they would fatten him up and sell him for a better price so I went home and thought about it and talked to my gf and she and I prayed over it and we decided to go get him the next day before anything else could happen

no it was 77 after everything but for the fish it was 65 i got him food and a clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom