Eggs?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericyoungyul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!

This is my first post!
I started with fresh water aquarium and loved it so now I have two 6 gallon Fluvial Edge. Love them! They have been running for close to a year now and this morning, (Easter morning) I had eggs in my tank!!! Not chocolate eggs!
This is where you all come in!!
In my tank I have a Clownfish couple, 1scotter blenny, snails (turbo) and a porcelain crab.

They are stuck to the TOP window....
Help?!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-3261688822.jpg
    image-3261688822.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 117
They are my night stands decoration!! LOVE IT! So relaxing and to wake up to them swimming looking at me is awesome!
Then close up!

Attachments

• image-3028798946.jpg
    image-3028798946.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2701747158.jpg
    image-2701747158.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 120
Lucky and congratulations on the eggs keep me updated ' mine is currently fresh water and im secretly planning on buying another to fit on my night stand . But im debating weather or not to get the twelve gallon because they have the same foot print for double the space making water parameters a little more stable

Also what power head are you using and what other mods are on it what kind of love rock is that

image-429995562.jpg

Nice to know you keep a pair of clowns in there, I was thinking of doing the same. My buddy told me they would be fine for a year or two until i could upgrade, and obviously you have had success. Congrats on the eggs!!! The best kind to find on Easter ;)

Thanks everyone but since it was the very first time and the location of the eggs, they were eaten! ;(
I will however find a small terracotta pot for them. Seems to work fine for others.
At least now I know I'm doing pretty good for a first timer at salt water! ;)

Theres nothing wrong with the terra cotta idea but usually they lay there eggs on the same spot and what were they eaten by

Most times snail eggs get eaten. I've had Nassarius breed twice, but the first time they laid literally thousands of eggs all in the same spot for 2 days straight and only had a handful hatch. The rest were eaten. I've also had astrea snails hatch, but never did see where they laid their eggs, just saw the teeny tiny astrea. Fish just love those eggs.

Back
Top Bottom