Emerald crab problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanker99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone had any problems with an emerald crab or an peppermint shrimp eating your coral? I have a 15 gal and been noticing some of my yellow polyps are missing more and more heads every day

any fish in there? all herbivores if hungry enough will pick at stuff. my sailfin tang ate all my yellow zoas.

Yeah I got some fish...this didn't start until I started to feed my 3 times a week. I think I might spot feed him once in a while see if that will help. I dunno what to do my wife loves the lil guy lol

I've had emeralds nip at and kill sleeping\resting fish. I've never seen them go after corals though.

Hmm ok I see. What about peppermint shrimp? I got one in my tank and I've seen him take food from the yellow polyps. Do you think he's killing them?

I doubt it. unless just his actions are disturbing them enough. My hermits climb all over my blue zoas and it takes them like a week to open back up again. Watch your herbivores carefully if you have any. Oh, yeah, what kind of fish do you have?

Ohh ok. I got two clowns, scooter blenny, firefish and a yellow goby. Since I've posted this thread I've place the yellow polyps higher on the live rock and been noticing they are doing a lot better.

yeah, once my foxface and sailfin started on my zoas, my lawnmower finished it off. Ironically, I started feeding them less sseaweed and the problem stopped. I guess they were spoiled.:fish2:

Yeah I get what your saying. My fish are the same. I recently just started to feed them less due to overfeeding them. But we will see how they do in a week or two. Thanks for the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom