evolve 8!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatbikeguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive recently got an evolve 8 gallon. I figured what better way to get into saltwater. I did some mods to the filtration right outta the box. Picked me up some ecoxotic stunner strips, 2 8000k, 2 445nm, and 1 blue/magenta. These lights are great in a nano. My corals are growing like a weed! As far as stock at this moment; 1 perc, 1 green clown goby (which is a very cool blue), a bicolor frogspawn, orange skirt palys, watermelon polyps, green hairy shroom, red shroom, and some purple/teal polyps. My CUC consists of a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 blue leg hermits, green emerald crab, and several snails! Thanks everyone on here for making me a successful tank keeper! Without your helpthis would not be possible(y)

Attachments

• IMG_20130219_183029.jpg
    IMG_20130219_183029.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 20130205_223827.jpg
    20130205_223827.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20130217_105544.jpg
    20130217_105544.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 107
Dude. Scrub ur glass and do a water change. Holy diatoms

I scrub almost every day. They are finally starting to subside. And I do water chages religously! The tank has only been up for 2 months.

Cut back on lighting for one. Also do you use tap water? It's a bit soon to go throwing coral in because chances are you have high nitrates or phosphates seeing the way the diatoms are growing

I do use rodi water. I had my lights on too long for sure. As of a couple days ago I have cut back on my lighting. Nitrates are good but phosphates are up. The diatoms are slowly retreating though. Thanks for the input.

No problem. Appologies for the first post. A bit aggressive. I would reccomdend a max of 8 hrs light a day(I do 7 and have no issues). And also to get some phoszorb or Kent phosphate sponge to get rid of most of your phosphates. Also feed less because that is the main cause of high phosphates if u use ro water. I feed my tanks every other day with no issues with hungry fish or phosphates

Dang. Feed every other day? Okay. I picked up some phoszorb last night and ill cut back on feeding. We'll see how it looks in a few days and ill report back.

Good luck. Should all work out pretty well. Keep me posted and send me a pm if u need more help. I have the same tank so in familiar with some of the issues with it

Back
Top Bottom