false perc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
cn i keep a false perc or a pair in a 10g ive read to many conflicting articles about tank size rangin from a minimal of 7-30g i mean they onlyget 3.5 inches

IMO you could definitely keep one ocellaris clown in a 10g. You might be able to keep a pair if you have LR and good bio filtration. Others may disagree. There's always someone who will tell you you need a bigger tank, no matter what you have. I would think you'd be ok, though.

when my tanks actualy up and redy im gonna have a 2in sandbed and 12-20 pounds of rockk 90% will be base rock then il cycle and use lr

Are you going to get a pair of very young ocellaris clowns, or a larger pair that is already mated? If you get them while they are small and have a light bio load you should probably have no problems. Then as the tank matures it will be able to adjust to the increased bio load as they grow.

If it were me I would only put 1 clown if you plan on keeping it (rather than trading it in when approaching adult size).

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
If it were me I would only put 1 clown if you plan on keeping it (rather than trading it in when approaching adult size).

even though there so small? what would you suggest to keep in a 10g i want 2 fish but if i can only do one false perc i will

3.5 inches full grown just isn't small to me. It'd be like living in a walk-in closet. JMO.
Small gobys is what I'd suggest.

Mine has not been a finicky eater at all. It accepts flake food, mysis shrimp (frozen or freeze-dried) or pellet food. Mine is really little, so I have to make sure I crumble the shrimp a bit or crush the pellets so there are small enough pieces to fit into its mouth. Feeding has never been a problem, though.

Last edited:
Some are. I know clown gobys are kinda fickle, but that's the only one I know for sure.

could i kkeep two gobbys or purple firefish and a false perc im a long way away from stocking i just wana have my reasearch done

Back
Top Bottom