Feeding Snails and Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
quick stats...
10 gallons
~12 pounds LR
Aqua clear "fug" with LR rubble
tank has been running since November, started adding critters in January
7 hermit crabs
5 Nassarius snails
2 peppermint shrimp (i think i never see them :confused:)
1 Amphiprion ocellaris

i think i finaly got a hold on what ever was causing the smell and algae (today was the first time in a week i walked in to look at the tank after the lights being on 5+ hours and i did not need to scrap the glass)

but at the same time i worry that the smaller feeding i am doing will not be enough for the hermit crabs and snails. specially since the clown eats most of it.

i feed TetraMarine Marine Granules (5 per day) and the clown eats 2-3 of them. that leaves 2-3 for 5 snails, 7 crabs and possible 2 shrimp to share... is this enough?
is there a better way to target feed the inverts?

tia

Nope no need to feed they are getting all they need any more and you are risking overload and causing your nitrItes and phosphates to rise to uncontrollable levels causing an algea out break . Once you get one it is difficult as all get out to kick , trust me I am batteling one right now :( and have been now for a few weeks geeze it sucks :)

They should be fine. They will constantly graze on rock, sand or anything that they find.

Back
Top Bottom