Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango
I found cyclops on the LFS and it's frozen copods will this work cause I really want a mandarin too!!
Idk ask your lfs guy to try and feed it to a mandarin

Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratrob57 View Post
O have a nautilus sea squirt I use for target feeding corals and I. Reverse to remove flat worms it's like a turkey Bastet on crack it is extendable to reach deep tanks and has graduated volume marks so you can feed or dose the right amount

Everybody was saying turkey baster so I went and bought one for a dollar, to squirt sand off my rock and it doesn't do anything really. LOL now I now why. Wrong turkey baster.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not necessarily. The mandarins are in it for the hunt, they usually want live pods.

Mine is eating cyclops cause its supposed to, it was raised on prepared foods. But the average one isn't
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Everybody was saying turkey baster so I went and bought one for a dollar, to squirt sand off my rock and it doesn't do anything really. LOL now I now why. Wrong turkey baster.
Well normal turkey casters are often just fine you just have to but one that's bulb seals well with the tube and has a big enough hole to suck or squirt rapidly most cheap ones do not seal and build up to much pressure from a small hole that they pop apart. If your problem is the seal between the bulb and tube you can zip tie it together it's worked for me
Old 07-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratrob57 View Post
Well normal turkey casters are often just fine you just have to but one that's bulb seals well with the tube and has a big enough hole to suck or squirt rapidly most cheap ones do not seal and build up to much pressure from a small hole that they pop apart. If your problem is the seal between the bulb and tube you can zip tie it together it's worked for me
Thanks, mine doesn't build up anything except maybe a wrist muscle or two lol

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mandarin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com