Finding the best pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clayjay144

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to set up a new tank. I just got a 75 gallon FOWLR on Christmas and that means that money is thin. I have been looking at aio but would piecing it together be cheaper? I am wondering what you all think and if you know of any good aio or cheaper setups? I want to keep the setup under 200-250 and I already have rock and sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love my biocube. Good purchase and very good beginner tank. I have a 14 gallon one and customized it to the max lol :)

it looks great but i am trying to find something more along the lines of plug in and go

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It depends on what you want to grow coral wise. Before I did any upgrades the Biocube could handle everything but SPS coral. I just customized it to be able to grow anything I want. Otherwise it is plug and play and in your budget. There aren't too many aio tanks that can grow everything right out of the box in your budget

I am not thinking of growing anything huge i really only want softies and one piece of birds nest at the top of the tank

The biocube is a good option - I have the JBJ picotope and chose it over a cube for initial cost.
I did this setup for $150, tank, lights, heater, powerhead, pump, and refugium. It kept some softie is and LPS for a while, until an LED upgrade.

it hasn't had any shorts or malfunctions

What kind of coral is that green plate like coral at the bottom?

What kind of coral is that green plate like coral at the bottom?

(sorry for double posting) Hollywood stunner chalice. Very interesting coral, they don't really fit into sps or lps.

that looks like a good light but maybe a bit of overkills speaking that i would want one piece of birdsnest and i was wondering if the cadlight would handle that stock or anything like that

that looks like a good light but maybe a bit of overkills speaking that i would want one piece of birdsnest and i was wondering if the cadlight would handle that stock or anything like that

Yeah, definitely overkill lol. I don't know anything about the cadlight but a par38 would be more than enough for a small nano. Not very expensive, and it will let you keep more than just BN if you choose to,

I was at petco today and they had a 3. Something gallon glass aquarium with multi stage filter like a biocube and was like $40 it has an led but it is trash. And I was thinking of modding that

How's the growing rate on those??

I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far the growth is amazing. The birdsnest and pocillopora have really colored back up from the previous PCs

I was at petco today and they had a 3. Something gallon glass aquarium with multi stage filter like a biocube and was like $40 it has an led but it is trash. And I was thinking of modding that

Sounds good! and I assume you would be replacing the lights anyway.

Back
Top Bottom