First Jbj nano cube 12 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Despirotomatico

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im starting my tank and I want make it reef but I need advice it was running with the last owner with coral but he upgraded to 75 g so the cuestion is if need to be a complete cicle or mini cicle any comments are welcome

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130131_162230.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130131_162230.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 87
If your using sand, water, and Rock from the older tank then you'll probably just have a mini cycle. If its new sand and rock and water then you will have to do a full cycle before it'll be safe.

This person toll me If I want the water with sand and live rock it was like 6 gallons in it with sand and live rock it wasn't to heavy to take it when I got home just put a powerhead for circulation so the next day added the new water that was mixed for 12 hours but I have more cuestions I have the api fresh water test kit can I use it for testing the salt water set up and whats the next step add after the minicicle?

I'm not sure if that test kit is the same. I think it Is but you need the saltwater card. Watch your water make sure you have zero ammonia, nitrites and close to zero nitrates. Then your cycle is complete and you can start adding livestock. Do your water changes. And enjoy.

I have 9 lbs of live rock add to my tank it got some purple on some of them starting to looking good any idea how to put them with a nice view

This person toll me If I want the water with sand and live rock it was like 6 gallons in it with sand and live rock it wasn't to heavy to take it when I got home just put a powerhead for circulation so the next day added the new water that was mixed for 12 hours but I have more cuestions I have the api fresh water test kit can I use it for testing the salt water set up and whats the next step add after the minicicle?

The API freshwater kit bottles are the same only difference is the color cards are different.
I googled and found some pics to use until I got my actual saltwater kit. Colors are close, enough on the pictures to judge. Nitrite test uses same colors the rest are different

Ok sounds good Im going to print it and use it to make my tests becuse I have the test strips but the people said its not accurate

Some of the colors on the internet pictures are off from the actual card colors. For example the Ph test internet picture looked like 8.0 and it was actually 8.2 but you will be able to figure it out.,I used it like that for a week our two until I bought the saltwater one

Yea im talking about api test just trying the strips I mean wasting some of them I been using api test for my fresh water tank and it works very good I got the test strips from my wife but doesnt work for me

Yea im talking about api test just trying the strips I mean wasting some of them I been using api test for my fresh water tank and it works very good I got the test strips from my wife but doesnt work for me

Yeah if you can get you're hands on a old saltwater card you're in business

The results
Nitrate 20 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Alkalinity (kh) 300 ppm
Ph level 8.4

I need to check with the api test kit to see the difference

I have brown color in my live rock ,sand and glass my parameter are
Amonnia 0

Ph 8.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates .20

And also found this little thing coming from my live rock is very small

ForumRunner_20130204_233944.jpg

Brown stuff is most likely diatoms its normal I have some in my tank it will eventually go away.
Can't tell from pic but maybe a worm or brittle star.

Back
Top Bottom