First nano reef 10 gallon Advice is appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stoll3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I just started a 10 gallon standard nano tank on Tuesday the 4th. I have my LS and LR in there from the LFS. The tank came with a pelican 100 and I bought a heater. Came with a standard light and I will be looking to upgrade after cycling the tank. I purchased a Koralia nano pump 425 online but it has not arrived yet. I plan on keeping multiple types of coral CUC and haven't decided on the fish. I am hoping for some suggestions on the light system as I would prefer not to spend too much. Any suggestions for a 10 gallon tank would be appreciated.
Second, I have gotten so many mixed answers on cycling the tank. I have heard that the LS and LR are good enough and they will cycle, I have heard adding a raw shrimp helps, and I have heard that fish are required to cycle but then some say that you should never put fish in an uncycled tank. Any clarification would help.

Can't wait I am so impatient even though I know patience is key!

-Alec

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 92
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 94
Hey there, i have a 10 gallon nano myself and once done and its all establiahed your really in for a treat ;9 For cycling LR is fine you can save somw money and get uncured stuff and cure it in the tank i did this and got a couple emeralds who hitchhiked and survived the who process, and for lights i ordered these,

http://www.aquatraders.com/20-inch-4x18W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52302.htm

Very inexpensive but emit a nice color the nightime ones are kinda crap tho my bulbs died withen a week i ordered new ones and the died quick too so better off without even tho they were pretty while they lasted but other then that no problems

Also you can cycle with hardy inexpensive fish , ive cycled a 30 gallon with a couple chromis

Great thanks. I already have the rock but I will look into that light.

Back
Top Bottom