first nano reef 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read 3" but I'm not rushing into gettin one yet still just letting things establish for awhile

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

well if its a standard black framed 5.5 then it will possibly be okay, just not sure because the dart around quite a lot

clown gobies are fun I like them a lot, firefish as other have said go carpet surfing a lot... all mine have I stopped buying them when I found the last one i lost... thoroughly cooked and encrusted on top of my halide reflector...

Any recent updated fts? I have a 5 gallon that is sitting around with some goldfish that are getting an upgrade, so I'll have a empty 5 gallon soon and am interested in doing something similar to this.

I'm at work currently but will get one after its kinda dirty need to get a clean up crew

Ok so now in positivey tank is cycled almost a week of my parameters being 0 and ph 8.2 the peppermint shrimp is doing great thought he died but it was just his molting corals doing good a lot of growth on gsp is almost covered the entire frag plug umbrella mushroom is doing great it is actually incrusted on the rock now and the red mushroom is doing the worst it keeps jumping on me no matter where its put it doesnt seem happy

Yeah no matter where I put it ill come back later and it will be on the sand bed

Ok so here is a current fts

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110301_132209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110301_132209.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 192
  • ForumRunner_20110301_132230.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110301_132230.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 199
For softies go to the fabric store and get some nylon wedding vale and some rubber bands and just use the wedding vale overtop of the softie and the rock you want it on secure with the rubber band and life is good. Takes teh coral a few days to weeks to attatch then just remove the wedding vale. Another method is to take a glass or plastic dish and fill it with rubble and place it on the sand bed then put your softies in it the will attach to the rubble and the container keeps em from gettin blown away by the currents. Then you just glue the rubble not the softie to a rock. I can never get shrooms to stick with glue give em a few hours and they fall right off.

Thanks yea that's what my lfs does its stuck on like a hermit shell so it doesn't really stay put bc its round it just rolls around

So I got kicked out of the place I was staying at and have to move to a friends and it seems my tanks are suffering the most I hope my corals snap outta it

New coral today got a great deal on it its zoas and I think a hammer coral I'm not for sure

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110304_221148.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110304_221148.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 165
Better pic can anyone confirm this is a hammer coral

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110305_184307.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110305_184307.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 157
iDreamInSaltwater said:
either a hammer or frogspawn, both of which probably won't do well under your lighting

Yeah I was afraid of that but so far seems to be thriving. It wasn't an impulse buy I wanted the zoas and the gf wanted the hammer? And I knew they weren't on my list of hardy corals that would do good under my light but remembered a couple other ppl with the same light and there's did good so I figured wth and $20 for 2 corals from where I'm from isn't bad and she paid half

Tank's looking great :)
if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the cf bulb? And how many kelvins is it?

Back
Top Bottom