First nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool. Thanks. I didn't want to invest in LEDs too much. I don't trust them to reach the bottom and it's harder to replace the bulbs.

I just ordered a 36" Ecoxotic stunner strip to add to my existing 36" T5 HO 2-bulb Coralife fixture. I'm hoping to be able to start keeping some SPS corals with the extra lighting power this will add. I plan to start a thread with pics once it arrives to document the setup and difference in lighting in my tank.

Cool. Thanks. I didn't want to invest in LEDs too much. I don't trust them to reach the bottom and it's harder to replace the bulbs.

U dont replace bulbs on leds. They last years. Bulbs last months. Ull get better lighting and better performance than bulbs. Ull spend 250 every 6 mo or so changing bulbs where with leds never. Just a thought.

I just ordered a 36" Ecoxotic stunner strip to add to my existing 36" T5 HO 2-bulb Coralife fixture. I'm hoping to be able to start keeping some SPS corals with the extra lighting power this will add. I plan to start a thread with pics once it arrives to document the setup and difference in lighting in my tank.

To my knowledge stunner strips only add color to tank. Depending on tank size 18w stunner wont be enough.

The stunner is just a supplement to the existing T5 HO's already growing my coral very well. They should add a little shimmer and more color to the tank, as well as a slight increase in the total light going into the system. Since it's only a 38 gallon tank, 16"-18" at the most, the amount of light shouldn't drop off that significantly either.

I need your help! Bristle worms. Everywhere. How can I get rid of them? I bet there's 200 of them in my poor 10 gallon.

Guess that was the catch to the free live rock.

Anyone know anything about bristle worms?? I have been overrun. :(

I want to try and get rid of them before they kill off any of my corals.

Is the only way to just turn the lights off, bait them, and use tweezers to get them out?? Has anyone ever done this?

Bristle worms are very benevolent. Don't get rid of them! Have a picture? Fireworms are the harmful ones. They usually look thicker, grow longer, and are brave enough to come out during the day. You can google the bristle and fireworm and make the distinction.

Sounds like I have fireworms then. :( i'll post a picture. Some of them are pretty big. They stay out all day but they do shy away when the lights are first turned on.

img_2277460_0_83668aad67053a701d3a938d83b6924a.jpg

Caught them eating my starfish this morning. They completely devoured him. :(

They arnt fireworms they are bristols. They were Probaly eating the star because it was ill or on its way out. They eat decaying matter not live flesh. You do however have quite the infestation this is usually caused by over feeding. This creates an ideal environment for them to multiply rapidly! What is you feeding schedule I would certainly lessen it.

Fireworms are very brasin. They have no problem with coming out in the daylight seeing as how they don't have many predators. If theses guys you have cower in the day chances are bristols. Fireworms also eat a certain type of coral. I can't remember the name of the top of my head, I think it's gorgians or something like that. I think I may have mentioned this before read macdracors write up on worms. It's on the home page of the web site.

Back
Top Bottom