fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyenma

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering what would happen if i introduce a dragon wrasse to my tank. my tank has 2 clowns, a mimic tang, mandarin, shrimp, snails, crabs.
i have a hammer coral, suncoral on top of an oyster, xenia,buttons and a sabae anemone.
would the dragon wrasse be ok?
Also how do i kill off some xenia? they are taking over my tank..

How big is your tank, and I can take some of your xenia off your hands, lol

14g tank. do you live in calgary? if you do ill be sure to give you some xenia for 10$ ahha

Unfortunatley no, but thanks anyways, and the answer is no. A dragon wrasse need at minimum of 125 gallons, it grows about a foot long. I think you have enough fish, you don't want to overpopulate, but if you really want to get another fish, i suggest looking at goby's.

Hey so my friend just bought a snokeflake eel. And it's pretty small maybe 2inches big. He asked me if he could leave it in my tank for a bit until he finished cycling his. I was wondering if it is reef coral and fish safe?

Definitely not fish safe. You may also want to rethink the tang and mandarin. The tang gets pretty big for a 14G tank and needs lateral swimming room. The mandarin should be in a larger, well established system. How long has this been set up?

So the eel is gonna attack my clowns and stuff? With the coral and anemone be ok? As for the tang I'm getting a 50 g tank in sept so that should be ok

Yes if it can catch them, it most likely will. Not sure about the nem and corals. It may disturb them.

Really the eel is only 2 inches and both my clowns are a lot bigger and pretty fast. The tang is pretty big so i don't think the eel will attack it. Is this the case for all the eels?

None of those fish belong in a 14 gallon tank except for the clowns. It's just too small, unfortunately. A 50 gallon is still too small for any tang IMO, although there is some debate about that with smaller species of tangs.

Last edited:
I understand that those fish should not be in there that's why I'm getting a new tank so I can transfer them. The tanks should be fully cycle by sept

Back
Top Bottom