Fluval Edge 6 gallon LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmperorFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well as you know I been doing some research and can little bit stumped on the led lighting and white light.I did purchase fluval edge haven't setup anything as of yet, so I was wonder is if the fluval edge 6 led light kit.Which is 7600K high luminosity LEDs and if these light can get the job done as providing the suitable lighting that the coral needs.Further more, I need advice on what route should I bring a successful reef nano tank...Please any suggestion and advice let me know...Also what kind of upgrade should I do, so that the coral should thrive and get what is needed...

Here a picture of the led I have ... which has two modes day light and deep blue nighttime.

Attachments

• 7a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 461
Same one I have, no corals yet but doing outstanding so far after almost a month of being set up. Black clown, Green Chromis, Wheeler's Goby and CUC all doing fine. I'll post a few pics to show night and day set-up. Next additions will be corals and a circulation pump.....I think the lighting will be fine for the corals I plan to use..... I started out with live sand, live rock cured & uncured, base rock, and pre-mixed water from my LFS. Since I started with live rock and live sand, I took a chance on the tank cycling a bit faster and added a damsel after the first week, he did extremely well for about two weeks, so I returned him to my LFS and then added the black clown and goby. Both acclimated well, although it took a few days for the clown to get it's appetite back but now all fish are eating well. Feeding brine, Rod's Food, Omega one pellets, and blood worms on different days for variety. But be sure to not overfeed in this tank. I feed twice a day, but very small amounts. Doing 10-20% water changes weekly.. Other than that, I plan on keeping everything stock in terms of filtration although I added a few pieces of LR rubble as the last stage of the HOB filter on top of the ceramic media, no adverse affects so far.

Attachments

• Reef1.jpg
    Reef1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Reef2.jpg
    Reef2.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Reef8.jpg
    Reef8.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 191
wow pretty sweet tank, I haven't started but, I'm taking 6month or more to cycle the tank and cure the rocks.Also be adding little more light just to be sure though ... I'm very patient so I'll be taking my time building the aquarium .... but I can see you have very successful and awesome rocks and fishes.I been doing a lot research in pretty much on every subject in aquarium. I appreciate your responds and I'll totally would be asking question and advice. I hope to see more of your aquarium and your new add on...I hope to follow on your footsteps and others.. thanks for your advice...

Thanks!!! Quick update...... I added a Koralia nano pump and a Coralife 50/50 10k/actinic florescent bulb after deciding the stock LED's are not enough for the corals I've decided to use. Just had to do a slight modification of the hood cover. (I posted pics on the "My Fluval Edge" thread). My original intent was just feather dusters and simple mushrooms and a flame scallop or two, which the stock lighting would work for, but changed my mind to do a full reef.

that's a great update and I'll been searching for some lighting too...I hope it'll be a successes with your added coral in place ....

Back
Top Bottom