Fluval Spec 2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well as long as I have some AA support I think I'll be able to motor through this... My LFS is super helpful too and has already offered to come by my condo to help scape this nano. I think they're pumped about seeing this tank "look stacked and work" according to what she said lol.

Haha sounds good. Well you definitely have us at AA to help you out!

Might try to make it a bit higher with another piece or 2...

I wouldn't go higher IMO leave room for coral growth. If you add a nice leather or something on top it will need the room. Mine is growing out of the water now lol.

Also... I like it better then the first pic. Looks more natural. Did you take that rock that was on the right in the first pic out? Looks like it.

Well that piece on the right in the first pic was actually 2 pieces, and yes I took one of the pieces out. I guess I'll leave it as is in terms of height. It was nice seeing 3 bristle worms making their way around though :cool:. What kind of light should I research for this tank? I'm not too confident with the LED that came with it. Very yellow in color...

Just a thought. What about getting rid of that flat piece and put another rock in its place?

I could try that, however it makes an awesome
cave back there and allows for some good flow... Here's a better pic...

image-2539087260.jpg

I hear ya tho about the natural look... The flat piece I'm not thrilled about, but for now it's function over form, given the degree of difficulty in a 2 gallon nano... I hope the cycle moves quickly, as everything in the tank is from a fully cycled and established system from my LFS. Going to figure out the best top off schedule, mix
of Matrix and Purigen, and effects on nitrates
from the caulerpa, then in goes the Catalina. It will be on order in 2-3 weeks, then will get QT'd for 2 weeks at the LFS... Can't wait!

I hear ya tho about the natural look... The flat piece I'm not thrilled about, but for now it's function over form, given the degree of difficulty in a 2 gallon nano... I hope the cycle moves quickly, as everything in the tank is from a fully cycled and established system from my LFS. Going to figure out the best top off schedule, mix
of Matrix and Purigen, and effects on nitrates
from the caulerpa, then in goes the Catalina. It will be on order in 2-3 weeks, then will get QT'd for 2 weeks at the LFS... Can't wait!

Sounds like a plan. I like those little gobys. Cold water your going with huh?

Just watch the temp.

Yea there's no room for a heater really, so I'm going to have to rely on ambient room temp, which is around 66-67 during the winter. The summer may get tricky as I may need to rely on evaporative cooling as my AC is set to 78...

Any recommendations on a small light for this tank? I don't want to put a huge light on a tiny tank lol...

Think I might just drop a cube of mysis in there and see what the numbers do...

Yea that's what's up! I want a light like that... In time this will be a coral tank. Just need to get the water stable first!

I'm really diggin the rockwork. You'll need a heater for corals though. There are clip on LEDs that should work for easy corals but the PAR30s are proven for many corals.

I'm really diggin the rockwork. You'll need a heater for corals though. There are clip on LEDs that should work for easy corals but the PAR30s are proven for many corals.

Thanks! I was actually looking at the Wavepoint 6" clip on LED... Is there an incredibly small heater I can get? And what would the coldest water be that some softies could tolerate (and I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean tolerate but still thrive)...

Par30 from boostled are awesome lights. You can get the cobalt nano mini heater for the tank. The issue is your going cold water fish but now want to add corals. Your going to have to keep a very close eye on temps

Par30 from boostled are awesome lights. You can get the cobalt nano mini heater for the tank. The issue is your going cold water fish but now want to add corals. Your going to have to keep a very close eye on temps

Yea I know Con... Don't worry I'm not going to add anything until I'm certain as to what I want to add... Just in the "bouncing ideas around" stage. I checked our that Par30 too.. Seems legit, I just don't know if I'm down with how it looks, which I'm rather picky about unfortunately. The Wavepoint is sleek. Is there a different fixture for the Par30? And would I keep that nano heater in the overflow or in the tank itself?

Not sure about the light but the heater question. Yes you can put it in the overflow. Hide it and make the display area more eye appealing :)

So what lights are you thinking about? Have you looked at the jbj tablet?

What's your price range?

Back
Top Bottom