Fragging?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend has a large soft coral... I cant remeber exactly what type it is but its a ~somthing~ tree.
He said it was gettin a bit big for his taste and i mentioned some corals can be fragged and i would take some off his hands. Is this actually possible with soft corals?

Yup, just slice it with a new razor blade, pinch the stalk between some rock rubble, and it will take hold. Really easy!

Awesome, free coral for me! Ill tale pics when i get it, hopefully in the next 5 days. Thank you for your help!

Is it a Kenya tree? I have one of those. Man did it grow fast and it actually popped off pieces of itself. I had like 23 frags from it, and it just started to take off and get taller. It's growing like a weed! :)

Jacobsal91 said:
Awesome, free coral for me! Ill tale pics when i get it, hopefully in the next 5 days. Thank you for your help!

No problem, Jacob. Good luck with it!

Realfish1 said:
Is it a Kenya tree? I have one of those. Man did it grow fast and it actually popped off pieces of itself. I had like 23 frags from it, and it just started to take off and get taller. It's growing like a weed! :)

Yes thats what its called! My
Friend wants to give me a few pieces because his is pretty big. They are awesome
And i dont have a lot of coral i just got a new job so i can actually afford them now! Lol

Back
Top Bottom