Getting back with a big problem!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zeronemesis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody.!

My Name is Alex and I'm from California... Is nice to meet people that really enjoy their tanks specially Nano Tanks..

Any way... I get back to this hobby which I leave it few years ago, but I start to looking for a nice tank and nice rock online in order to start a new reef tank, and I decide to search on craigslist just to looking for anything used that could help me in my budget, and I found a guy who was selling his whole set up.
Looks to me interesting so I decide to go and check it out by myself, and mostly of this tanks looks good but the only little big problem was that this tank has a serious hair algae problem, and I thought to take the risk would be a good Idea cuz I have never had this problem before in my own tank so I decide to take the challenge so I bought it.....

The tank isa nice JBL 28g free of scratches really clean tank, nice live rock, not to much live sand I guess less than a inch thick, pair of true percula clownfish some snails, some hermit crabs, few corals soft corals actually, and Kessil 160w ocean blue, and its original mechanical filtration.

Things that I added was a Ghost Skimmer, and a MP 10.

So the first thing that I did was day after I set it up at home was a 10% water change, then I took off some stuff from the back I added a 6.2oz Chemi pure, and a phosphate remover sorry I do not have the name right now but in the LFS told me that the one I bought is one of the kind that will rid off quickly my problem.

So til today is been 5 days since I start to fight with the algae, to now the hermit crabs past away?, and few snails too. Which is not a good signal.

Today I would have a delivery of water test kits such like the brand API I decide on this ine again cuz I had a good work with them in my last tank so I would wotk with them again.

And few filter replacements for my RO/DI water system and start to use 100% pure water like before.

I'm planning to do twice a week water change to help out the tank to get rid off all the algae, but like I said I had never have this problem before, but I did a research online and I'm going to apply few good thigs that I just read.

Thanks to read me everybody any questions or advices are welcome.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453319234.316410.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453319253.849928.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453319268.518130.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453319282.535580.jpg

Aleck's iPhone

Back
Top Bottom