GouramiLover's Nano Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had to move things around because the flow kept pushing sand away from the front. It just so happens I like the new layout even better!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233113.142934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got some new corals for a crazy good price!

Tubbs blue zoas, plus I moved the green sparkle palys and the Mohawk palys so no one is in shade :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233622.172157.jpg

Purple mushrooms with blue spots and rainbow stylo! Also I moved the red mushroom away so it was not being stung by the hammer :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233699.281541.jpg

Orange cloves, also some sunny d's just outside the picture (they have not yet opened, but are blimping up)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233777.378499.jpg

Neon green cloves, not looking so great, BUT they were a freebie frag. I think they will perk up.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233853.916367.jpg

Green sparkle paly frag I made. Looks ready for some local trading :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427233918.258017.jpg

I have been away for a few days and left my tank under my parents care while I was gone. Good news is they did come by at least twice, but forgot the other times :(

Overall the tank looks alright. Though I am missing the larger purple blue spotted mushroom :( it obviously detached, but it is no where to be found :(

FTS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832289.602263.jpg

Some close ups

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832367.976322.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832448.453765.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832491.306593.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832535.845225.jpg

The fire and ice zoas to the right grew a new polyp while I was gone.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832656.908640.jpg

I also picked up my first fuzzy stick just before I left. Luckily it is looking fine.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427832972.207297.jpg

The sunny D's I got about a week ago have not opened up yet. They have shed a layer of skin once already. Today I saw a bit of the Orange and the skirt peeping out. It looks as thought they will shed again. I am trying so hard to be patient and it is very tough :(

In other news I will be playing with my camera tonight (Nikon cool pix p520) to see what I can do with it. I have had the camera for over a year, but I have yet to use it to take tank pics. I just realized this today, so I will be remedying this with new less blue pics tomorrow! Or tonight if I get to it.

Nice fuzzy stick :) - looks to be a stylophora. Those things can be pretty tough, mine survived being buried by a pistol shrimp after being knocked down by snails - for a week. Hoping those zoas open up for you as well

Nice fuzzy stick :) - looks to be a stylophora. Those things can be pretty tough, mine survived being buried by a pistol shrimp after being knocked down by snails - for a week. Hoping those zoas open up for you as well

It's is a rainbow stlyo. Good eye.

The sunny D's have opened up and even grew a new polyp! They are not looking their best yet, but they are open :)

In other news I have not had time to play with my camera since I have found out I will be moving to Vegas :) life has been hectic trying to figure out what stays and what goes.

I am thinking I will be moving my salt tank using with five gallon buckets or a Tupperware. Would there be any harm in placing rags in the tubs/buckets to keep the live rock from moving and squishing my corals?

Ship coral in a different pail you can load a pail with live rock and cover with the old tank water it will be fine. When i moved cross country i made racks from egg crate then zip tide the coral to the racks the racks fit into a 5 gl. pail worked great no losses.

Ship coral in a different pail you can load a pail with live rock and cover with the old tank water it will be fine. When i moved cross country i made racks from egg crate then zip tide the coral to the racks the racks fit into a 5 gl. pail worked great no losses.

Thats great alternative! I am hoping to avoid removing my coral from the live rock since some of it has attached itself, but what you described is a distinct possibility. :thanks:

it works for encrusted rock as well just zip it to the eggcrate keeps them from shifting/rolling and crushing corals. You havent lived untill you've done a 5 gl. water change in a wal-mart parking lot lol

it works for encrusted rock as well just zip it to the eggcrate keeps them from shifting/rolling and crushing corals. You havent lived untill you've done a 5 gl. water change in a wal-mart parking lot lol

Haha! Well the drive from Reno to Las vegas is only 7-9 hours, so hopefully I won't have to do a water change till I get there. I already have plenty of zip ties. All I need is some egg crate :)

Took me 6-7 days, if i had to do it again i'd overnite the live stock to a LFS and take my time restocking.

Took me 6-7 days, if i had to do it again i'd overnite the live stock to a LFS and take my time restocking.

If I had not just set this tank up a few months ago I would probably just sell my stuff off and have fun restocking. BUT I did just set the tank up so, I am just going to do it. If I didn't have two cats and another tank to move as well I wouldn't be dreading the move so much. It will be interesting at least ;)

Back
Top Bottom