Graham's 20L reef (college budget)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have been feeding the eel chopped up pieces of squid and the silversides 2-3 times a week.. any other suggestions or things I should make sure to include in his diet?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After the intro I wasn't sure what this tank was going to look like! Lol but it looks great! I had a 10g nano in college and struggled to keep it up the way I wanted. Hats off to you for this tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After the intro I wasn't sure what this tank was going to look like! Lol but it looks great! I had a 10g nano in college and struggled to keep it up the way I wanted. Hats off to you for this tank!

Thanks! Ya it's still a work in progress but it also helps to work at the LFS haha

Well yea that does certainly help!

So recently some corals haven't been doing to well. My acan is losing flesh, stunner chalice is slightly dying on the edges and the acros don't seem to be extending there polyps all the way. All the monti's tho along with the cyphastrea and euphilias are doing great though. I don't really test much so I don't know the parameters off the top of my head. I do 25% water changes every week to week and a half which has always worked just fine for me. I'll test things once I get a chance but in the meantime does this sound like a deficiency somewhere? Most of the corals are sps at this point so I was thinking maybe doing just water changes isn't keeping up anymore with replenishing the necessary elements?

Also, recently I grab a few frags of leptastrea and a 'fleshier' chalice as opposed to the stunner and both dwindled away pretty fast if this helps at all

So alk is being drained pretty quick it appears. I have a calcium test kit on the way as well so I can see how fast that is being drained as well. Weekly water changes just don't cut it anymore so looks like I need to start dosing. Would a 2 part kit be best like the one from kent?

Also fixed the alk levels. Just a stupid mistake on my part. I had run out of calibration fluid for my refractometer and put off getting some more until I needed to order some salt again. Found my salinity was actually at 1.020 which is why I just couldn't keep the alk up. anyway, did some water changes over a week or so to get it back up and things are doing MUCH better

Few pic updates. Along with a new acro I got a couple weeks ago
1456878377331.jpg1456878387291.jpg1456878408542.jpg
Thought I'd toss one in of the eel hanging out in his cave

So thought I'd do a little photo dump since I've gotten some new things recently..
1458151362200.jpg
1458151378084.jpg1458151386258.jpg1458151397588.jpg

Have quite a few more but it's saying I've reached my quota?

Back
Top Bottom