Greenhouse Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently I purchased a frag of Anathelia from my LFS. I found out that the frag came from a local person who grows corals in her greenhouse here in Central Indiana. After contacting her I was able to schedule a tour of her greenhouses and purchase some frags. I left with 13 frags and spent $80.

Attachments

• 2014-03-23 16.27.56.jpg
    2014-03-23 16.27.56.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2014-03-23 16.28.06.jpg
    2014-03-23 16.28.06.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Anathelia.jpg
    Anathelia.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 74
  • cabbage.jpg
    cabbage.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 79
More Pics

Attachments

• Gorg.jpg
    Gorg.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Mushroom.jpg
    Mushroom.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 75
  • paly.jpg
    paly.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 74
  • trumpet.jpg
    trumpet.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 79
Even more pics

Attachments

• zoa1.jpg
    zoa1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 69
  • zoa2.jpg
    zoa2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 71
  • zoa3.jpg
    zoa3.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 73
  • zoa4.jpg
    zoa4.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 72
Wow great buy!! Do you know if she has a website?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They have a rudimentary website dragonflycorals.com or something like that. It isn't really functioning and I think that they are working on getting web and facebook access up and running. They aren't crazy tech savvy but great people with a passion for raising quality corals.

Ok YeAh looks like that's the website. I'll keep on checking with that website from time to time. Thank you!

They live in Noblesville which is outside of Indianapolis. It is a couple in their 40's who have some help from her dad and their neighbor. They are truly hobbists who hope to make it a profitable business. The email address on their website is a working email address and they occasionally offer tours to people and are willing to sell a couple frags. The frags are $10 a piece but they don't ship out. They just sell to LFS in the area who double+ the cost for markup.

I am talking to them via email and really hope that they work on shipping out to offer hobbyists an opportunity to purchase their really nice strains of zoas, anathelia, clavularia, and trumpets. The fact that are able to do this in $600 greenhouses using only sunlight, in the middle of Indiana with a self designed system is really cool to me.

I think that's pretty cool to everyone! Next time you go on a tour, if you can, take some pics of the facility. I'd love to see it! I think it's great when hobbyist are running their own business. It makes for a quality productZ

Back
Top Bottom