Greenturtle's Biocube 29 Build Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am so excited! I finally ordered my Biocube 29, stand, and other supplies! They should arrive on November 15-18. I have researched all of this for so long it is not even funny. I am modding it so that i take out everything in the second chamber and make a fuge. I am having bags of carbon, chemipure elite, and purigen.

Once I have the tank running, I am ordering 20 lbs of Pukani Dry Rock and 30 lbs of Aragonite. And then the cycle begins...

My eventual stocklist will be:

2 B&W Clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Green Clown Goby

I would also like 2 fire shrimp with my CUC, corals, and you can't forget the Green BTA :}

Once I have the refugium set up for a while and a pod population, I will try for a blue mandarin. But that is in the distant future LOL.

This is not my first reef tank, so I know the rules/regulations :) I have a 90 gallon reef in my living room. And numerous freshwater communities.

Any comments are welcome!!! Thanks for reading!

Contratz. Will be following.

SwimsWithFish said:
Are you getting the Ora mandarin? I've been considering that.

If I can find a cheap one. I would prefer an ORA, but a wild one may have to suffice if I can't find an ORA one for $60 or less in a few months.

Sounds awesome can't wait to see some pics.

For some reason the stand arrived today. Nothing else. Well at least I have time to set up the stand before the tank gets here :) already got the doors set up.

After 2+ hours on my Earth Science paper, this seems fun.

Attachments

• image-1190222157.jpg
    image-1190222157.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 250
Finished the stand. Looks awesome. I think I have every color of furniture in my room now. Light brown chair, dark brown bed posts, reddish brown desk, white desk chair. And now a black fish tank stand. Any internal designer would kill me haha.

Greenturtle said:
Finished the stand. Looks awesome. I think I have every color of furniture in my room now. Light brown chair, dark brown bed posts, reddish brown desk, white desk chair. And now a black fish tank stand. Any internal designer would kill me haha.

Lmao!!

Greenturtle said:

Haha good luck with the tank! And yeah they might put you on TV on one of the designer shows!! :)

Haha, that's ok your a fish keeper, not a designer, LOL. Congrats on finishing the stand, was it hard to make?

redsea said:
Haha, that's ok your a fish keeper, not a designer, LOL. Congrats on finishing the stand, was it hard to make?

Not really. They had nice directions.

The tank still hasn't come yet. I saw a few really small boxes but I didn't have time to open them. I am at my brothers basketball practice. Probably the skimmer, heater, or one of the other 6 small things I ordered with the tank. :/ it's killing me knowing there is something at home.

Everything EXCEPT THE TANK came today. Skimmer, power head, heater, media bags, carbon, purigen, and chemipure elite.

Attachments

• image-1782467312.jpg
    image-1782467312.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 231
Back
Top Bottom