hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CHEEZY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help hammer looks to be dead oozing white slime
ForumRunner_20130417_195940.jpg

It's not dead, but it's definitely unhappy. What are your current parameters, and how long have you had the coral?

Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 calcium 420 kh 215 it is a ten gallon nano tank I have had the hammer for around a month and the tank is around 3 months old

It's probably the magnesium and purple up you've been adding. Discontinue that and do water changes to remove it.

I also had a hammer but when I started adding purple up to my tank it shortly died after:(

It's a calcium supplement, but you can't add calcium without effecting other things. You should never add anything you aren't testing for and are sure you need. Everything you need is in your salt mix.

Hhooo..thats 1 po'd hammer! Change ur water and stop the add ins..ur water should provide anything ur corals need..sps demand add ins because they can remove it quickly..faster than lps.. I bet u get ur wc in hand and stop the add ins it should recover... Might take a couple wc..

What about feeding your corals that's cool to do right or would relying on your salt mix still be the route to go?

U can feed marine snow by brightwell.. Most corals r photosynthetic like green plants..i feed usually 1x per week..but if your lights r adequate for your type of coral 1xper week is plenty..ur choice of food is up to u..theres several on market...

Cool thank you it is doing allot better now still looks a little bit damaged but doing allot better

I did three 15% water changes I haven't used any supplements since. my hammer is doing great almost can't even tell anything happened :)

Back
Top Bottom