Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss cruz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 12 gallon tank its set up i have three hermits an a blue damsel atm was going to get a clown fish an shrimp does anyone no how many fish i can have was thinking of sticking to two ? An my shrimp :) thanks

Sounds fine to me, but damsels can be territorial and aggressive. I would watch it with the clown, or replace it with a pair of clowns.

I know damsels an be aggresive but apparently i cant have two of them an have to get somthing else hes really sweet my little
Damsel
But i want a friend for him feel cruel with him being on his own any suggestions on what fish i should get ?

I have kept large damsels and fish just make sure the fish are a little larger and wont eat it. Also helps if they swim a lot so they can avoid each other.

I got a clown fish an the damsels so small ive had him over two wks nw an im quite attached but hes bulling the clown he keeps ramming into him with his fins spiked :( whats best to do ? I really didnt think hed be aggresive as hes tiny an calm fish place said theyd be fine too an closed now im going to leave them for abit an when i go to bed i will put the damsel in a bag in tank over night looks like il have to take the damsel back tmro as it looks like hes not going to get along do you think he might calm down ????

No he will always be a little meanie! Take him back and get a lovely peaceful fish to go with the clown, a firefish or other small goby ;)

Aw thanks i will hes such a little meanie !!!!! I feel mean giving him back after two wks but hes just going to bully everything :(

Im really stressed they guy told me to catch the damsel an leave him in a net over night but weve been trying to catch him for three hours its impossible will the clown fish be ok over night please help :(

Im really stressed they guy told me to catch the damsel an leave him in a net over night but weve been trying to catch him for three hours its impossible will the clown fish be ok over night please help :(

Damsels are the hardest fish to catch, try the bottle trap or put food in the net an wait for him to swim in. Or coral him with two nets

Man he was so hard to catch haha finally got him hes in net for the night but the clown fish is swimming at very very top looking stressed an wont swim down thinking hes just scared have to wait an see tmro but looks like my damsels gonna have to go really love him too :( but hes too aggresive ahhh

All sorted phew !!!! I dropped our damsel back at the store an got clownie his mate he was already with an hes really happy now called them kevin an perry haha thanks for all your help guys

Back
Top Bottom