help choosing a nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sump, I have removed the floors and increased flow out of second chamber,greatly reduces nitrates. The tank is in good cond,pump has less than 6 months on it,all the lights worked when taken down,including leds. I don't have a skimmer to go w it,but in my experience cpr sr2 is the absolute best for this tank,way better than the bio cube ones. Is like a 100$ for it!

hmmm ......man now you really have me thinking lol.......100 bucks to get up and running for my first saltwater reef.....

so inform me what CPR AND SR2 IS ??? sorry in new to sw stuff

and what would i be able to have coral wise in this tank with the stock lights???

With stock 14g lights you could keep some mushrooms or zoanthids. I'd get replacements though if you buy it, they're cheap anyways.

With stock 14g lights you could keep some mushrooms or zoanthids. I'd get replacements though if you buy it, they're cheap anyways.

jasonjs said its a 29 g with reg lights/leds??

would you recommend a nano for your first time with sw

Cpr is the brand of skimmer, sr2 is the model. Mostly softies,but for under a hundred bucks @ nanotunners.com you can install upgrades and put what ever you want in the tank. I put another 36w pc in my other 29g hood for fifty bucks delivered w bulb!

pm me jason im really thinking about this and would love to ask some more in depth questions.....

Oh a 29. More than plenty light, just have replacement lights on hand :p. But still, start out with shrooms and zoas. Hardy and beautiful.

Agreed, mushrooms,zoas,leathers,do well under those lights. My 14g tanks still have stock lights and I have to frag out my leathers about every two months to keep room in the tanks,my xenias every three months! BTW,sarcothelia,love your quote!

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.

I'd avoid a leather in a cube honestly, because they grow big. They will hog your tank and unless you have a dedicated growout tank you're going to have a hard time giving the stuff away. Not to mention fragging as a beginner is by no means fun...

thanks sar....... would i be able to have a pair of clowns ?? i think it says 40 gallons but i was just throwing it out there....

if so what else would be ok ??

hi, I'm relatively new to marine, since January this year. I have a tl450 12gallon
tank, ive done no mods at all, just taken my time and done a lot of reading up.
I'm glad to say my tank is doing great with a couple of clowns and a yellow gobi, two hermits a cleaner shrimp and one turbo snail, oh also some polyps too.
one thing though, you may find once you go marine you slowly loose interest with the fresh water tank as I am.
I still maintain it to a high standard but I must admit its becoming a chore!

Afraid I never lost interest in my fresh :). I have more than a few tanks not being used at the moment and decided that the 20 looked more forlorn than the others...:) (plus it is small so I can move it onto my counter when the new wood floors go in....installers won't move fish tanks).

So right now it is up and cycling, although, I do have two swordtails already waiting for the larger "digs." My LFS got in Wagtail Koi swords and they are a particular weakness of mine.

i doubt i will loose intrest in my fw tank even though it has been frustrating me lately lol.....

after me an my wife have talked about it im pretty sure i will go with jasons 29 g oceanic cube.......

so im pretty excited lol and have already been looking at mods at nanotunner lol like the 144w upgrade they have for 160 witch would put me at almost 5wpg ......dont know what skimmer to put in it though ??

i doubt i will loose intrest in my fw tank even though it has been frustrating me lately lol.....

after me an my wife have talked about it im pretty sure i will go with jasons 29 g oceanic cube.......

so im pretty excited lol and have already been looking at mods at nanotunner lol like the 144w upgrade they have for 160 witch would put me at almost 5wpg ......dont know what skimmer to put in it though ??

Do you have a link for that mod?

Thanks!!

Cpr makes a skimmer that fits the middle chamber. The model is SR2,it uses venturied air from a powerhead. I empty mine every other day and I almost puke from the smell of the gunk its pulling out! Lol. I've also heard good things about tunze's nano skimmer (not sure on spelling)

lol i talke to my wife and were good to go lol i like how i posted that without telling you jason hahaha i woke up and fed my 2 year old and posted that as soon as possible lol....Nanotuners.com
heres the link carey ....what do you guys think ???

It looks interesting! I don't quite get it though....it adds 2 more 36w bulbs right? How do they fit? I just looked at mine and figured how to add one but two?? Do you think it would be an easy mod? It looks really complicated for me LOL

lol i thought so to but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it shows you step by step on you-tube and it looked very very simple....they made it idiot proof (witch is good for me lol)

Better order soonest. According to the site they are going to quit selling the mods and if even one part is no longer available, they won't send the kit.

As for installation..I am more than terminally paranoid when it comes to anything electrical, yet, other than a couple of minor hiccups, like the transformer they sent did the same job but wasn't the one depicted in the directions, and a faulty fan, I got everything in. Nick at Nanotuners was great at getting me the correct instructions for the different transformer (over Memorial Day weekend no less) and a new fan.

I am kind of sorry they won't be selling the DIY kits anymore but I guess with the increased interest in LEDs, they probably don't sell as many of them (the DIYs) as they did when they first came out.

Back
Top Bottom