HELP!!! Current USA Orbit Marine LED in 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathy667

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I just purchased this light And I need a little help with the programming. I don't know what intensity to use and for how long should I run it. In my tank I have zoas, mushrooms, Ricordea some acros, monti frag and a seabae anemone. I tried using their setting M1 but at night everything in my tank looks sad like if they were getting no light.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398736244.197644.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398736244.197644.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 628
Hello, I just purchased this light And I need a little help with the programming. I don't know what intensity to use and for how long should I run it. In my tank I have zoas, mushrooms, Ricordea some acros, monti frag and a seabae anemone. I tried using their setting M1 but at night everything in my tank looks sad like if they were getting no light.

I have no experience with this light, but if your question is partly about why your corals look "sad" at night, I can help. Corals naturally close up and shrink in various ways at night, Sometimes, specimens may not close all the way, appearing wilted or partially shrunken. This is all natural and healthy, so long as you are getting polyp extension during the day.

Not sure that light will be powerful enough for your higher light inverts to be honest.

M1 is only for a personalized setting and unless you changed it then it will be very low light .

You want the other m buttons, I use the m3 I think, its the 60% coral acclimation setting.

How big is the tank you have this over? It is just enough light for my 40b which is not very deep.....

Lps and sps / a nem are 2 different things though. Every thing I've read on them says they need multiple units to keep sps colored up. Carey didn't you add an sps frag to try? How's it doing?

I think once your nem decides to go anywhere your gonna lose a lot of coral. A 10 is no place for a sebae nem.

Lps and sps / a nem are 2 different things though. Every thing I've read on them says they need multiple units to keep sps colored up. Carey didn't you add an sps frag to try? How's it doing?

My point was with the lighting intensity at only 60% and she is fine with LPS and she burned a stunner chalice.. Then we obviously see how much power the lights really have. You can increase them a lot more from there to support the lighting requirements of SPS or a nem,

haha I didnt even notice or remember the title, 10g!! my bad

Yeah, I would think its enough light for coral, but as said above a nem is a different story.

My sps frag is mid way up and looks really good, hasnt branched off any new limbs yet but its only been in a few weeks. Opens and looks really healthy. :)

I think I am burning a brain coral on the sandbed though, it is fading pretty good in the center, I may have to move it to another tank.

But otherwise every coral, lps and softies also is doing really well, I think there is another head popping up on my duncans too...

Longterm we will see how its working but for now I am pleased with it.

Thanks for the help guys. Everything during the day seems fine. At night the moonlight intensity is only 10% I wanted to know if that's enough or should I rase it. When I do make the intensity higher the corals look better and with lots of color. But I don't know if am doing the right thing.

They should be closed at night, so that seems like you are doing fine. As long as during the day when full lights are on they are good then you are set. :)

Wow, looks very nice! Great job. :)

Yep, if they are open and look good then you are doing it right. lol

Thank you. We like frags you get to see them grow and that's what we like.

Back
Top Bottom