Help, fast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katy410

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came downstairs today to clean out the tank, which has a bit of algae, but is coming along quite well, when I noticed something strange. My emerald crab was lying flat on it's back, with it's belly "open". This was new. I decided to flip him over, and push him out into the open while I was at it, since you know how you need to flip Turbo snails. But he hasn't budged, and I am beginning to worry. I'll flip him over right now if I made it worse, but please help fast? Thank you!
~Katy410ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399324238.133474.jpg
The crab. Sorry for bad quality.

Maybe that's his old shell. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure emeralds molt.

They do, yes. But I haven't had him molt since I got him, which is 4 or 5 months. And, I haven't seen the new crab. Or, not new, but "freshly molted".

Sounds like a molt, they hide for a couple days after while the new shell hardens

Should I remove the molt? I'm having a big party this weekend, and the little shell is quite creepy. Do you think he'll be back out and about by then?

Ah, thank you so much. I was worried sick there for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom