HELP!?! How much instant ocean reef salt do i add to my BIOCUBE 14??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roryb24 said:
Yeah i just bought a biocube 14 and im getting it set up. I added 14Gallons of reverse osmosis water and need to know how much Reef salt to add. I have a hydrometer and can check but i just want to know a good starting point Thanks!!!

I know this is a little late, but what I do is I bought a 5 gal mop bucket with the level markings. If I am going to mix 3 gal. Then I scoop out the recommended amount then poor in the water to the proper level. Think of it like this if you get a one gallon jug and add the salt to it it almost over flows so technically you now have more than a gallon. Your readings will be off slightly and over time it can catch up with you. Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

yeah man im way past that point now but thanks anyways maybe it will help someone else out that is wondering how to get his salt mix right.

now i need to figure out how to deal with this red algae that starting to grow.
water change and vacume the sand??any hits tips

Man today i upgraded my stock pump on my biocube to the maxi jet 900 finally my flow problems are gone usually i had to keep water level at max in the tank just to barely keep enough water so the pump didnt blow bubbles now the pump is covered by 6 inches of water i can sleep soundly again lol

roryb24 said:
yeah man im way past that point now but thanks anyways maybe it will help someone else out that is wondering how to get his salt mix right.

now i need to figure out how to deal with this red algae that starting to grow.
water change and vacume the sand??any hits tips

I use a turkey baster a swoosh the rocks just before/as doing a pwc worked good for me

Back
Top Bottom