Help me with an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not at this point. Do you know anyone with an established reef tank wiith good lighitng? Perhaps they would take it and see if it can rebound, but I doubt that will happen at this point.

yeah.. I tried finding someone the second day I had it...
I was never planning on a nem for this very reason.. my dad was just trying to do something nice by giving it to me...

THIS .. is exactly what my nem looks like...

Malu Anemone

he's moving all over the place tonight (after a water change yesterday and another today)... but it is as if he is rolling around on his side.. really odd... inflates the foot.. then deflates and moves the water in its body to a different place.. I thought it was in the process of dying.. but now I dont know...

Just wait and see. Death is expelling all of his insides. If you see that get the sucker out!!! That will tear apart your nice parameters.

hmmm.. he does keep expelling little wads of stuff... been doing it since I got him

Thanks for all the help everyone.
I woke up to find the anemone dead this morning. It wasnt falling apart yet, and I think I caught it in time. Slight spike in nitrates.. went from 0 to 10... I've got the heater in my fresh saltwater now to do a quick water change before my new critters arrive from saltwaterfish.com.

My family has all been given another lecture about giving me critters without asking first. I hate that this happened. :(

Glad to hear you caught it in time. Don't worry about it, there wasn't anything you could do and you tried your hardest. Someone else might've just thrown it out straight away. You should be proud of your efforts. :)

Do to the conditions you tried the best you could and we have all learned from this.

:)
yeah... Im hoping that my new toadstool leather (which is what I was planning on from the beginning) finds a happy home in my aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom