(Help) New nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I would slow down a bit and keep researching - are these the two fish you plan on keeping forever in this tank? Yes they are hardy but agree with the above post they are mean and will outgrow the tank. Check out liveaquaria for fish selections for a 10g only one or two from that list are suitable. Another one of the big differences between salt and fresh is stock limits...

I had every intention on returning them. Petco has a 15 day live pet return policy ;D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Might wanna duck for cover - a fish in cycle is frowned upon around here. It's just as easy to cycle without and much less painful for the fish. You will still need to do water changes every few days to reduce the amount of toxins in the water to keep them alive, they might be mean little fishes but they are fishes just the same. Good thing you don't have much live rock - they are going to be difficult to catch...

Could someone point me in the direction of how else to do it? Like I said...it's the only way I've ever known!

Could someone point me in the direction of how else to do it? Like I said...it's the only way I've ever known!

Yeah. Return the fish. Instead just add something that will rot, like a table shrimp or pure ammonia. Let it get up to 3ppm, and then let it be until everything goes to zero. No one gets hurt, and it's cheaper, and faster.

Way late, but I eventually used this with live rock to cycle.

Attachments

• 1405365825156.jpg
    1405365825156.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom