Help Red slimy...hairy...bubbles algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzlil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a red slimy, hairy algae that is full of clear bubbles. My nano tank has been running about 9 months...fish are thriving, huge devils hand...water qualities are always testing ok. About a month ago I started with this bubble filled algae. The live rock I can take out and scrub has recovered, but any rock with live coral attached that I can't remove I try to remove algae with tweezers, algae just keeps growing....clear air bubbles getting bigger. I've done weekly large water changes and tried turning off all light for 2 full days...no idea what else to try.

Can we have some tank specifics?

Gallons?
Stock?
What kind of water are you using?
What tests do you run?
Nitrates?
Phosphates?
How much and what do you feed the fish?

The more you tell us about the tank the better we can help you get rid of the algae. Also, a picture of the algae would help tremendously! :)

30 gal nano...2 clown fish, small firecracker shrimp, small 6 line wrasse, soft corals, live rock. Use RO water I make at home, feed 1/2 frozen cube every other day. Light on for 9 hours, protein slimmer, chemipure. Can take picture later.

Back
Top Bottom