Help with first nano reef please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelbknudsen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up a JBJ 6 Nano Cube today for $20. Wasn't really looking to start another tank right now, but such a cheap price seemed to give me a great excuse to break into saltwater. The tank is in great working order, with new fans installed last year. I am going to pick up a new bulb, a small heater and most likely a rotating deflector to replace the nozzle to the powerhead. I am considering replacing the pump also, and maybe adding some led strips down the line. I will be using live sand, and live rock. So I come to you all with the following, and ask kindly for your help: Should I upgrade the pump to increase flow? What should I add as filtration into the first and second chambers? I read of someone putting live rock in the chamber. Best mediums to use? With the additions of led's down the line, I hope to increase my choice or corals to keep to add some variety... Any suggestions would be welcome. Stocking is a long ways away, but any help is greatly appreciated with regards to keeping a happy balance. I'll be posting on the reg, with pics and questions galore I'm sure!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom