Help with planning stage for 2 gallon nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 2 gallon acrylic Hex tank from a chain store. It has a hood with an incandecent bulb. I want to give my hand a try at a pico tank.

Here is what materials i have so far.
Live sand about 2 lbs worth from a freinds established 250 gallon tank.
Some small rubble from a fuge on that same tank 3 larger pieces and 2 smaller ones.
A small submerisble pump for circulation rated at 60GPH
about 10 gallon premade saltwater from that same friend.

This is my "i need help" part. I want to do softies with some shrimp. But the lighting is terrible. Ill upload pics so you can see tonight. But the tank can be rimless. What should i use as lighting? I found some 30W screw in type 50/50 bulbs would that work? i can retrofit it to a fixture i have for a desk lamp.

We have a 2g reef, i'll post pics some time, pictotope 3g kit has a nice combo light that works well for us, you got to order it or find a dealer who will take it out of box. about 25-30 bucks

The 30W 50/50 bulb is something you could easily work with. Give yourself a nice project to work on and that bulb would be fantastic. Keep us updated on that. I'm interested.

you could put a trio of sexy shrimp in there... that Hex would look really cool with an island or LR in the middle of it.

Back
Top Bottom