Hey, newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cammyg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone first day on here. This is my second attempt at keeping marines after years of tropical.

Decided to go down the nano route and bought myself a Kent marine bioreef 94L.

All seems to be going well after 3 months. Any comments/feedback/advice most welcome.

If I have done this right there should be pictures attached!

Cameron
Glasgow, Scotland

Attachments

• image-1233439337.jpg
    image-1233439337.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4192051269.jpg
    image-4192051269.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1271977734.jpg
    image-1271977734.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3435478106.jpg
    image-3435478106.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 95
Tank looks good BUT I gotta say it, that tang really really does not belong in a 20g or so tank. They require a 6 foot tank at least. You are gonna have some issues guranteed at some point and it will probably not be a good outcome. :-(

Welcome to AA! I love your corals, the tank looks great! Unfortunately, the Regal Tang will need a bigger tank, otherwise they will have many health issues.

Thanks guys. I have heard that the tang is not suited so I am going to sound out my local shop for a swap.

He is only a baby just now so hopefully he will be ok just now.

Any suggestions what fish would be a good addition?

Current livestock is
2 tank bred perculas
Regal tang
Blue cheek goby
Blenny (can't remember what type)

But I think that is enough for the size of tank?

I would keep it at 5 small fish or less. I have a 20g with 6 fish in it but 4 of them are only an inch or smaller and the other 2 are about and inch and a half.

Glad you know about the tang, I know it's tough to swap out fish, but in this case it's gonna be a necessity. :-(

Have you considered cardinal fish, fire fish or another type of goby?

I've considered them all.

I've also considered a bigger tank. Like a kid in a candy shop, I want it all! But the bank manager says otherwise!!

Much prefer corals to fish anyway :) my sun coral was only put in this morning, hoping he will do ok

I had a sun coral, just make sure you feed it when it opens. Mine never really opened up that much and only lasted a month or two in my tank. :-(

Exceptionally beautiful coral though, good luck with yours!

Thanks

I will do my best with it. I've had good luck so far with my corals. I love my torch coral and my bubble coral and trumpet are both very healthy and growing well :)

Back
Top Bottom