Hob Refugium with skimmer for 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO that is not worth the price. The refugium area looks tiny and you can get a much better skimmer for a little more. A good skimmer will go a much longer way than that hob dual thing.

I've heard good things about reef octopus hob skimmers as well as hydor and I use an eshopps psk 75h on my 20 which works fine

For a 20 gallon tank I wouldn't even bother with a skimmer or refugium. Removing nutrients should be easy with regular water changes.

I also have an extra 20g that I could use as a sump. No chambers yet, would need to install some. Designs...? Ya - Na...

Don't go cheap with a skimmer, aqua C remora nano is awesome!! Or the hydor in tank skimmer.

It's cheaper to build your own sump. Trudy me I did it well worth every Pennie

It cost me $60 to build my own and lowes can custom cut pieces for you for like $5, you would need like 4 baffles

I have had both, go with aqua c remora nano skimmer. I liked the hydor but I hate how loud the Venturi type skimmers are.

Aqua c remora is basically a plug and let it go system that uses spray like valves. No adjusting needed. Hydor uses a Venturi which requires an adjusting system with the level of your water

Back
Top Bottom