How are the biocube systems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read on here a lot of people doing mods to their BioCube aquarium, are they necessarily or are the tanks good enough to support reef life as they come?

The HQI version will grow more types of coral. I have one and I personally love it.

I have one and upgraded to an LED setup and I like it. I think that after all I have put into it I probably could have gotten a bigger tank though. Still, I have enjoyed mine.

Love mine. I did an led upgrade and put a fuge and media basket in from inTank. I could have gone bigger for the money but I can't have bigger so it works for me. Plus I got it on Craigslist for 200 brand new

Could they support a LPS towards the top, all I really want I some softies and an LPS.
Well guys I'm looking for a nano tank and I have found 2 options on Craigslist! I would really appreciate everyone's input as i am so confused!!
Option 1: a 12 gallon BioCube, not sure on price yet.
Option 1: a rimless 10 gallon half moon tank for 50$ and I can probably talk him down. I already have a marineland penguin 125 I could put on there and a could find my own clamp on light.
I already have a stand that could fit both!
Thanks for the input in advance! :)

Yes you could get away with some LPS. As far as the tank. That's up to you. I like the cube cause everything is built in. What brand biocube. Oceanic only makes a 8-14-29 gallon

Nope this will be my third, I have a 75 gallon and a 20.

Ok just checking. I say biocube. Let us know what you decide.

Well I won't be getting that BioCube specifically because he has it all stocked already and doesn't wanna split it. He is asking 300. I already have LR and sand and water I can put in there and I wanna stock it myself. There is another 6 gallon I found, but it would be on the lower side of what I'm wanting it is brand new and I think he's asking 100 new in box. I am leaning towards the 10 gallon half moon. I like the rimless look but I'm worried about the lighting situation

Personally. The biocube is a great little nano. The hqi being ideal for whatever u may need. But the standard one is still pretty good for a beginner reefer.
They use coral life actinics and 10k white bulbs and coral life is a good company for what it is. The filtration is decent i just would t ise the cartriges, Just use live rock in the overflow with some carbon. Their skimmer works amazingly for the price.. Still a cheap skimmer. What a lot of people seem to do is gut out the lighting and put in the nano light of their choice.. If money is no object that should be no problem. In a nutshell, They are great for the price, although The hqi is overpriced imo but is the way to go if u specifically want a biocube... And also if you ever plan on getting one i would recommend getting a powerhead of some sort..

Alright well I have found a lady that has a 6 and a 14 gallon BioCube. I think I'd rather go with the 14? Not sure though! I like both! The 6 is 100 new in the box and the 12 I also new in the box at 150. What do you all think?

armyman16 said:
Alright well I have found a lady that has a 6 and a 14 gallon BioCube. I think I'd rather go with the 14? Not sure though! I like both! The 6 is 100 new in the box and the 12 I also new in the box at 150. What do you all think?

They only come in 8 14 and 29. The bigger the better cuz none of them or overwhelmingly huge anyway

I have 1 it works on both hard and soft corals you just gotta keep the hard close to the top of the tank in the lights. I have lps, sps,

If I had time right now I'd right a book. When I get home from work I'm gonna start a thread an include all info and links from my experience with the bio cube 29. Including pics and my own videos.

I've done many many upgrades and through trial and error have tested many different products like skimmers, power heads, lights etc.

I hope all of you find it helpful.

So in leu of all the recent bio cube questions, I'll do a nice little write up. I look forward to seeing what you think of it. It will be up late tonight.

Alright sounds good convict! So what are the lights, the ones that come with it? Are they PC, T5, metal halide? I haven't ever seen the inside of one this close.

armyman16 said:
Alright sounds good convict! So what are the lights, the ones that come with it? Are they PC, T5, metal halide? I haven't ever seen the inside of one this close.

36 watt True Actinic
36 watt 10,000K Daylight
0.75 watt blue moonlight

IMO You can keep zoas, mushrooms, leather corals and some LPS corals under the stock lighting.

Convict2161 said:
36 watt True Actinic
36 watt 10,000K Daylight
0.75 watt blue moonlight

IMO You can keep zoas, mushrooms, leather corals and some LPS corals under the stock lighting.

So it comes with the blue moonlights already on it? I would just keep like one frogspawn or torch towards the top of the tank. The lady is asking 160 for her 14 g BioCube I made a counter offer of 120 and waiting for a reply!

Back
Top Bottom