How far should I really go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CorallineAlgae said:
I've never added more than one tiny dose a week. With iodine, small amounts are safer than having excess. I'd quit for a month and then start again using a very small amount weekly. I always dose it though. If you do weekly water changes you don't need it at all but because I always only do PWCs monthly it seemed to help.

Thanks I do weekly PWC'S so I won't bother with the iodine then.

Tonynose188 said:
Thanks I do weekly PWC'S so I won't bother with the iodine then.

Yeah, you'll be fine without it. Weekly water changes are the best way to replenish trace elements. I just have a really bad back and it's to hard to haul all that water.

CorallineAlgae said:
Yeah, you'll be fine without it. Weekly water changes are the best way to replenish trace elements. I just have a really bad back and it's to hard to haul all that water.

Sorry about the back mind ain't much better lol I don't do big WCs tho 2-4 gallons maybe.

So this controller shows me a digital PH reading which is great, but that being said what is pH swing. I go from around 8.21 during the day to 8.12 night is that normal?

Tonynose188 said:
So this controller shows me a digital PH reading which is great, but that being said what is pH swing. I go from around 8.21 during the day to 8.12 night is that normal?

It's normal on non-overpopulated tanks with a reverse daylight refugium and lots of water movement. That's a very stable pH level, especially if it holds throughout the night until morning.

Next question, I have some micro bubble problems but I don't no what to fix or change or where they would come from?

Next question, I have some micro bubble problems but I don't no what to fix or change or where they would come from?

I have the same issue, I topped my tank up with RO water and much better now. If anyone else can advise I would also be greatful

I have the same issue, I topped my tank up with RO water and much better now. If anyone else can advise I would also be greatful

Well my filter media (mechincal) was backed up and not letting enough water through but all is well now.

On another note I just added my ATO with RO/DI and kalk mix What should I be watching. I no it is good for PH and it helps with calcium anything else?

Well my filter media (mechincal) was backed up and not letting enough water through but all is well now.

On another note I just added my ATO with RO/DI and kalk mix What should I be watching. I no it is good for PH and it helps with calcium anything else?

And also should I continue to dose ALK/and CA in the tank or stop

Back
Top Bottom