How long for light on cheato?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have the jbj LED on the back of my BC 29 to turn on at 6pm and go off at 7am. Is that long enough. And turning it every water change so every Friday, is that good enough?

there's USUALLY 2 options for this one. sicne it's cheato you don't have to worry about it going sexual like a few of the other macro algae.

Option1: 24 hrs a day (I personally run it like this because I want my cheato eating up as many nutrients as possible to keep my DT VERY clean.

Option 2: reverse light schedule aka run the fuge light when your DT lights are off. it works almost as well from what I've seen in my cheato growth back in January when I tried this out.

I still prefer 24hrs & since you have LED you wont have to worry abotu the heat of it or the bulbs burning out..

NyteGTI said:
there's USUALLY 2 options for this one. sicne it's cheato you don't have to worry about it going sexual like a few of the other macro algae.

Option1: 24 hrs a day (I personally run it like this because I want my cheato eating up as many nutrients as possible to keep my DT VERY clean.

Option 2: reverse light schedule aka run the fuge light when your DT lights are off. it works almost as well from what I've seen in my cheato growth back in January when I tried this out.

I still prefer 24hrs & since you have LED you wont have to worry abotu the heat of it or the bulbs burning out..

Ok cool I'll just run it all day. What about turning it? Is every week good enough? It's a pain to take the hood off and well... You know. Just a pain.

cant you just lift the hood up turn it? i don't turn mine because light bounces all throughout my fuge chamber because it's probably half the size of yours lol

NyteGTI said:
cant you just lift the hood up turn it? i don't turn mine because light bounces all throughout my fuge chamber because it's probably half the size of yours lol

It's a pain. I have to take hood off, take inTank upgrade cup off, the inTank water directional piece off, then take out the media rack. Open media rack and turn chaeto. lol. So much work to turn it no? lol.

Back
Top Bottom