How much live sand for 8 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NyReefer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering should I buy the 20lb bag or just get 10lbs for a aqueon Evo 8

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They say a pound per gallon :)

Thanks! Got any recommendations!? I was gonna buy Caribsea Ocean Direct Live Sand Oolite.

Not particularly I'm going to be starting mine soon and I think I'm going with Carib sea :)

I used CaribSea live sand. But I did pull out some pieces of that seaweed type things from it because they were getting stuck in my powerheads. I really like the sand though. Took a while to clear up for me after putting it in.

Nice :) how much have you spent on your tank? Because no matter which way I look at it for my my 10 gallon is gonna cost me around 300$

I have a 29g biocube and have around that In it right now

Any money saving techniques? And what test kits do you use? And do you use hydrometer or refractor?

Don't buy stuff until you know your water perimeters. Lost a couple hundred in corals. Test weekly and invest in good filtration! I use the api kit and refractometer

Definitely invest in a refractometer. I've lost track of how much my 20G saltwater has cost me but it's at least past the $500 mark.

Back
Top Bottom