How to do a "dip" for my new coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've given up on my lfs. I ordered a cleaner shrimp and an emerald crab online. I also ordered a toadstool leather and a couple of zoa frags...

I've read online that I should do a "dip" on the corals to get rid of hitchhikers...

what should I use, and how do I do that? I have been trying to find something useful online, and keep finding too much info//// and again, not enough LOL.

I know I ask a lot of questions, but I would rather ask now than be sorry for not asking later...

lol... looks like nobody else has a good answer either...
I just dont have the room or $$ for a separate quarantine tank just yet... ( I will get one, but I have to talk my hubby into it first.. this tank took me 4 years to talk him into. lol)

try looking up fresh water dip. I think thats what you are talking about. I have never done it just been told about it.

I`ve never done a dip on my corals. I think I saw innovator (James) was talking about some coral dip that he liked.

I dip with Seachem Reef dip on my corals, which is an iodine based disinfectant. This is similar to Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure and many other dips. To dip, just get the coral and the water it is in, add the right amount of dip, and wait the time suggested. After a few minutes in, shake off the coral to make sure nothing is hanging on, and do a final shake at the end.

Back
Top Bottom