How to lose your hair in 29 gallons.My BC 29 build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha no problem Dino, always willing to help. I don't recommend the airpump, you're going to get a ton of salt creep.

Hey man just curious, what is your current stock? Is it all those fish mentioned above? Seems like alot to add quite fast :( good that everything is workin out though! Tank looks niiceeee ;)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hey man just curious, what is your current stock? Is it all those fish mentioned above? Seems like alot to add quite fast :( good that everything is workin out though! Tank looks niiceeee ;)

Yea it is... And yes it was fast. Everything is going smooth for now. I think I broke probably every "rule" in the hobby. I'll keep everyone posted on the tank with updates and pics.

And thanks, took awhile to get it set up just right.

What is your stock? Is it what it says it is above? I think when people go too fast they get bored and either buy a new tank just because they are bored, or overstock their tank because they want to put in more! Lol

Looks great! Might want to be careful with that many fish, but it seems like you have it under control. Keep us updated. :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
What is your stock? Is it what it says it is above? I think when people go too fast they get bored and either buy a new tank just because they are bored, or overstock their tank because they want to put in more! Lol

2 clowns
2 scooter blennys
2 purple firefish
1 coral beauty
1 purple spotted goby

And the CUC by reef cleaners.

I don't think I'll get bored BUT the wife LOVES this tank so maybe a 40 gallon breeder or a 75g would fit nice in the bedroom!!! Maybe even do a in wall set up!! Who knows! :)

I'll see how this goes.

Haha wow thats alooot of fish for a tiny tank. I hope you are doing 50 percent water changes every week! How are you feeding the scooters? You have a fuge, or are they hand fed?

Too many fish. Remember the LR and sand displaced about 8-10 gallons so you really have 8 fish in 20 gallons of water.

Jems said:
Too many fish. Remember the LR and sand displaced about 8-10 gallons so you really have 8 fish in 20 gallons of water.

If he's bioload can handle it then I don't see what's wrong besides swimming space. 6 fish would be good. But it's his tank so his choices.

Yes his choice, but let's be real it's like living in a one bedroom apt. With the Brady Bunch!

I understand what everyone is saying and I don't mind the criticism I don't see it as a bad thing. I know I went over and beyond. I test and do my water changes. I'm happy with the tank, it's very active and beautiful to look at. I hope it brings me a long time of happiness.

I knew I would open myself up to negative feedback but I can handle it and that's why I made the decision to share my tank with the members.

It's a don't do as I do kinda thing. I wanted to break the mold and see what happens. I took on this responsibility and I have no problem doing what I have to do to keep it as healthy as possible.

I'm on top of it and like I said I'll keep everyone updated. And I thank everyone for there feedback.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha wow thats alooot of fish for a tiny tank. I hope you are doing 50 percent water changes every week! How are you feeding the scooters? You have a fuge, or are they hand fed?

Scooters were hand picked after seeing which ones were accepting mysis shrimp, I target feed them. There so cute! They know when feeding time is, they both come up to the top rock and I feed them with these long plastic tweezers I bought at the LFS. It's really fun to feed them. I also target feed some of the corals but only once a week. The rest of the time I just shut the pump and power heads down marinate the food in garlic then feed. I let the food sit in the tank for a little bit then blast the rocks with the power heads then shut them down again. They go crazy!

I do that a few times then I'll turn the pump and power heads back on.

So far so good. I've also seen some nice growth with my candy cane and monti coral. Also my Yuma seems to be doing well.

AndrewsPistol said:

Thanks! I read up that they can have there night and days mixed up lol. It's wide open at night and closed tight during the day. I turned the day lights on real quick to get the pic.

Back
Top Bottom