Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could it be your test procedures? Are your test kits new, did you take water to the LFS and let them test the water?

FINALLY!!
img_2427929_0_71eb242aec37df5dcbd3cabc67b60ed1.jpg

Well, I may or may not have done something stupid. The whole purpose of setting up another tank, was because I really wanted a Fridmani or springeri dotty back as part of my fish. I could not find either anywhere for a long time, even before my tank was set up. Well, the other day, I went to a lfs that i rarely go to and they had both. After doing research, these two or more of the less aggressive ones and it's been said, if you want to add more then one, do it at the same time. So I got both. So far, there is no aggression between them and they actually hang out together. Fingers crossed I don't have to return one!

IM Nuvo builc update

Hey glad to see you finally cycled, I know you went though a rough period, I'm at day 32, and as you know have been cycled for a while now. Your nitrate test vile looks a little dark to me but certainly not orange yet. I just did my 3rd water change yesterday as my nitrates were close to 20. I do about a gallon and a half every week or two. Keep in mind that although we have 16 gallon tanks. I estimate that with my LR displacement, I actually have about 11-12 gallons of water, so 1.5 gal is 10%. Right now I have 4 assorted pieces of zoa rock , a blue mushroom rock, a piece of pulsing xenia (almost doubled in size in 3 weeks) a decent size green lobo (LPS) a small green star polyp, a tiny trupet frag (LPS) and yesterday I added a nice small green hammer coral (LPS) thats like 3 fingers on one piece. I also have a banded coral shrimp, 2 Ocellaris clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, a couple of turbo snails and 2 or 3 red leg hermits. So I've busy. Are you testing for KH and calcium and phosphates yet? I stopped testing nitrite and ammonia daily a week or so ago now I just test nitrates, PH and salinity daily and ck temp of course. I have an app that tracks and charts it all. Phosphate Calcium and KH weekly. So far so good. I'm thinking I want to add more light though. You may recall I have 1 8w skkye and a 26w duel dimmanble skkye. I have the 12w white light running 9 hrs, the 8w comes on 1/2 hr before the 12w and goes out 1/2 hr after, kind of like sunrise/set. The 12w actinic runs 12 hrs. I took out the carbon block out of the filter cartidges and added some filter floss sheets that I rolled up in there, Water is clearer and collects lots of brown stuff. I have a bag of chemipure in the center fuge chamber I'll post a pic soon. Tell me about you new light??

I do test for alkalinity, calcium and phosphates. My alkalinity was way high, almost 20, now it's down to 11. Phosphates are .25 in this tank and my biocube. I cannot get them down any further. The light I bought is this one Fluval Marine and Reef LED Strip Light - 24 in. - 25W. I added tru lumens blue strip that I keep on all day with these lights. The coral's have responded very well. I had to use this light when I fried my upgrade LED's on my Biocube and I couldn't believe how well the corals did. My only complaint is this light by itself, is too white, almost looks fluorescent, which is my I added a 12" accitinics strip.

Funny you telling me about the fluval (M24) I was just looking at one yesterday I think it was around a buck eighty ($180). How wide is it? (front to back) since I already have two lights on there, I don't know how it will fit. But I'm thinking, I may ditch the single 8w I have, to make room. Actually a more radical idea is to keep it mounted but bend the neck so the light is higher and sits directly over the filter box center chamber (fuge) and add some mangrove coming out of the back. Nuts or what?. Hey I'm recommending a suplement I am using Kent Marine Nano Reef Parts A and B. I have been getting the right test results and have been using it for 2 weeks. It says to add daily I add it about 3x a week. 3ml each bottle. Kent Marine » Nano Reef Parts A & B | Products. I'm thinking about adding Kalk wasser to my top off bottle to to strengthen my LPS and charge my coraline algae growth.

I also dose with Kent or Fuel. It's really great stuff. I tell you what, if you want this, I'll sell it to you for $150 shipped. You will not need to use the stock lighting and in fact, I sold my pair for over $100. I would also include a 12" lumens Blue strip attached to it (on the plastic edge). I paid $80 alone for that with the stupid plug.

Back
Top Bottom