Is my xenia dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 14 gal biocube and i recently bought a xenia frag since i brought its been like this also can i keep a birdsnest coral with my stock lighting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 190
usually when they melt like that they usually don't pull thru, they either grow like a weed or not at all. I lost a tank full a few years ago all in 2 weeks, waited 6 months tried again and now they are everywhere again

It'll come back in a few days. Its just adjusting. :) mine did that when I got it and now it's gone nuts.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

usually when they melt like that they usually don't pull thru, they either grow like a weed or not at all. I lost a tank full a few years ago all in 2 weeks, waited 6 months tried again and now they are everywhere again

I have a 14 gal biocube and i recently bought a xenia frag since i brought its been like this also can i keep a birdsnest coral with my stock lighting

Hi! The same thing is happening to mine. I added it yesterday and it looks like it's melting. Please help. What happened to yours guppy lover? I'm panicking because someone bought it for me and if it would die I would feel so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had one that melted and I thought it died completely. Fast forward a couple of months and it just popped back up from out of nowhere and grew like a weed!

Ok! Thanks. Mine is still struggling.

I had one that melted and I thought it died completely. Fast forward a couple of months and it just popped back up from out of nowhere and grew like a weed!

It looks dead still. Should I leave it in there to see if it revives.

Xenia is really hard to find a solid reason for why it is or isn't thriving in your tank. I thought mine was completely gone and one day I saw a little xenia starting to grow back. I put it where it could get a good amount of light and it grew larger than the original frag I bought. I've heard a lot of times that other's xenia didn't pull through, but I would try and give it a chance to come back.

I've moved it to different areas and what was 7 heads, is now 3. It's still purple too.

Back
Top Bottom