Is this overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
After some research and speaking with my friend from the LFS I re homes some fish. It was surprisingly easy to catch them and I brought them right to him so now I have.

2 Benji Cardnials
2 clown fish (wife calls them nemo1 and 2)
1 red scooter blenny (eating live brine, and frozen)
1 mandarin ( he's doing well so far. Been 4 weeks now)
1 purple fire fish

I realize I rushed into things and I just want a healthy tank and want my fish to be healthy too!

I do 5 gallon water changes every week and change the poly floss like 2-3x's a week.

I have a skimmer (Tunze 9002)

Not planning on adding anymore fish even if I could just want your opinions on my stock. Open for criticism( I can take it) I went full speed ahead an I've slowed down. I'm heavily stocked with corals and DON'T dose anything I can't test for. I've learned a lot so far from the forum and cut back on dosing a lot of the stuff I was using. I just do water changes and do B ionic part 1&2 and my food and phyto feast.

Your opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dino

image-1917673769.jpg

image-2495449011.jpg

image-3186754713.jpg

image-2921185483.jpg

I think your right where you should be, packed with coral, and the right amount of smaller fish.
Majority of people wished their tank looked like that.
Looks awesome!!
Only problem I can see....too many corals, you should mail some to me!! I don't have much room either, but I'd make some. Haha
Looks near perfect to me, keep it up Dino!!

Flreefer said:
I think your right where you should be, packed with coral, and the right amount of smaller fish.
Majority of people wished their tank looked like that.
Looks awesome!!
Only problem I can see....too many corals, you should mail some to me!! I don't have much room either, but I'd make some. Haha
Looks near perfect to me, keep it up Dino!!

Man thanks so much!! You just got me pumped!! I'm so happy right now!! I've tried so hard and researched so much, bought books and read online so much!! I guess researching pays off! Thanks again!

:)

Oh and BTW if you see the yellow tailed damsel in the pictures he was re homed also after reading they can be very aggressive. And he was the easiest to catch! Swam right into the brine net lol.

Last edited:
Wow beautiful tank. I hope to have a tank like that when I'm older and have my own house! Nice work.

Convict2161 said:
Man thanks so much!! You just got me pumped!! I'm so happy right now!! I've tried so hard and researched so much, bought books and read online so much!! I guess researching pays off! Thanks again!

:)

Oh and BTW if you see the yellow tailed damsel in the pictures he was re homed also after reading they can be very aggressive. And he was the easiest to catch! Swam right into the brine net lol.

Wow! You had it easy! I've been trying for WEEKS to catch my blue velvet out of 20! I would wait for him to come to the top and id swoop in with my net! But he was to fast! Tried this for a few nights so I thought maybe he could get used to it, so now I have the net sitting in the tank and when I feed i move it to where I think he will go but he never does! Now he hides in the rocks and waits for some food to get to him!
Have any ideas other than tearing apart my tank?

Looks awesome, i would love a mandarin goby.. One of my favorites! My tank is not established enough for one. You seem fine though, by how amazing it looks i wouldnt be too worried

armyman16 said:
Wow! You had it easy! I've been trying for WEEKS to catch my blue velvet out of 20! I would wait for him to come to the top and id swoop in with my net! But he was to fast! Tried this for a few nights so I thought maybe he could get used to it, so now I have the net sitting in the tank and when I feed i move it to where I think he will go but he never does! Now he hides in the rocks and waits for some food to get to him!
Have any ideas other than tearing apart my tank?

Man all I can say is I was in shock!! Try putting some food in the net and put the net in the tank maybe? There so use to the net and associate it with feeding. So when I out the net in the come right to it and peck at it. It's a small brine shrimp net. There must have been food still on the net or the odor of food cause as soon as I put the net in the fish flocked to it. It just so happened that the damsel went right in!!!

Convict2161 said:
Man all I can say is I was in shock!! Try putting some food in the net and put the net in the tank maybe? There so use to the net and associate it with feeding. So when I out the net in the come right to it and peck at it. It's a small brine shrimp net. There must have been food still on the net or the odor of food cause as soon as I put the net in the fish flocked to it. It just so happened that the damsel went right in!!!

Haha yeah maybe I'll have to try that, sometimes food will float in there after I feed and the clownfish will just swim right in after it!
How is your Mandarin doing and what do you feed?
Might go pick one up today

The mandarin is doing just fine. I had seeded the tank with 8,000 copepods I ordered from reefs2go I ordered another 2,000 pods last week and in ordering another 2,000 this week. That should be enough. At night I can see the tank crawling with the pods so I know there in there. I got the mandarin from reefs2go it was a package deal. The mandarin and 1,000 pods for like 24.99 I think or may have been cheaper.

Good luck there awesome. The ones at my LFS eat frozen I kinda wish I waited but mines seems to be just fine.

Wow that's an awesome tank! Ever considered upgrading? I'm sure you could still pack a 75 with all the coral you have.

Ibrahim said:
Wow that's an awesome tank! Ever considered upgrading? I'm sure you could still pack a 75 with all the coral you have.

Wow thanks for the kind words! Yea I ran it buy my wife she said noway!! I have a 75 with mixed African Cichlid's so.... I guess maybe in the future. Don't wanna re home all my Africans I love that tank.

Back
Top Bottom