Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is this overstocked?

After some research and speaking with my friend from the LFS I re homes some fish. It was surprisingly easy to catch them and I brought them right to him so now I have.

2 Benji Cardnials
2 clown fish (wife calls them nemo1 and 2)
1 red scooter blenny (eating live brine, and frozen)
1 mandarin ( he's doing well so far. Been 4 weeks now)
1 purple fire fish

I realize I rushed into things and I just want a healthy tank and want my fish to be healthy too!

I do 5 gallon water changes every week and change the poly floss like 2-3x's a week.

I have a skimmer (Tunze 9002)

Not planning on adding anymore fish even if I could just want your opinions on my stock. Open for criticism( I can take it) I went full speed ahead an I've slowed down. I'm heavily stocked with corals and DON'T dose anything I can't test for. I've learned a lot so far from the forum and cut back on dosing a lot of the stuff I was using. I just do water changes and do B ionic part 1&2 and my food and phyto feast.

Your opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dino

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1917673769.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	99263

Name:	image-2495449011.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	99264

Name:	image-3186754713.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	99265

Name:	image-2921185483.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	99266

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think your right where you should be, packed with coral, and the right amount of smaller fish.
Majority of people wished their tank looked like that.
Looks awesome!!
Only problem I can see....too many corals, you should mail some to me!! I don't have much room either, but I'd make some. Haha
Looks near perfect to me, keep it up Dino!!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
I think your right where you should be, packed with coral, and the right amount of smaller fish.
Majority of people wished their tank looked like that.
Looks awesome!!
Only problem I can see....too many corals, you should mail some to me!! I don't have much room either, but I'd make some. Haha
Looks near perfect to me, keep it up Dino!!
Man thanks so much!! You just got me pumped!! I'm so happy right now!! I've tried so hard and researched so much, bought books and read online so much!! I guess researching pays off! Thanks again!

Oh and BTW if you see the yellow tailed damsel in the pictures he was re homed also after reading they can be very aggressive. And he was the easiest to catch! Swam right into the brine net lol.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Wow beautiful tank. I hope to have a tank like that when I'm older and have my own house! Nice work.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvark27
Wow beautiful tank. I hope to have a tank like that when I'm older and have my own house! Nice work.
Thank you!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Awesome tank mate!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank is ridiculous convict... Wow!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161

Man thanks so much!! You just got me pumped!! I'm so happy right now!! I've tried so hard and researched so much, bought books and read online so much!! I guess researching pays off! Thanks again!

Oh and BTW if you see the yellow tailed damsel in the pictures he was re homed also after reading they can be very aggressive. And he was the easiest to catch! Swam right into the brine net lol.
Wow! You had it easy! I've been trying for WEEKS to catch my blue velvet out of 20! I would wait for him to come to the top and id swoop in with my net! But he was to fast! Tried this for a few nights so I thought maybe he could get used to it, so now I have the net sitting in the tank and when I feed i move it to where I think he will go but he never does! Now he hides in the rocks and waits for some food to get to him!
Have any ideas other than tearing apart my tank?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks awesome, i would love a mandarin goby.. One of my favorites! My tank is not established enough for one. You seem fine though, by how amazing it looks i wouldnt be too worried
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyman16

Wow! You had it easy! I've been trying for WEEKS to catch my blue velvet out of 20! I would wait for him to come to the top and id swoop in with my net! But he was to fast! Tried this for a few nights so I thought maybe he could get used to it, so now I have the net sitting in the tank and when I feed i move it to where I think he will go but he never does! Now he hides in the rocks and waits for some food to get to him!
Have any ideas other than tearing apart my tank?
Man all I can say is I was in shock!! Try putting some food in the net and put the net in the tank maybe? There so use to the net and associate it with feeding. So when I out the net in the come right to it and peck at it. It's a small brine shrimp net. There must have been food still on the net or the odor of food cause as soon as I put the net in the fish flocked to it. It just so happened that the damsel went right in!!!

Tags
overstock, overstocked

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com