Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well got my first coral today. A frogspawn. I'm courious where I should place him? I have metal hailide lights in a 28 nano cube. I mostly keep the lid open so the water dosent get to hot. 84 degrees with it closed. Can I place him higher up in the tank or should I keep him low? Where it is now I'm afraid that it will get knocked over and I don't want to glue it down. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• image-1548383278.jpg
    image-1548383278.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 368
It could be. All I know is it looked happy and heathy..:) but I am still curious about the placement, high or low?

Low. Medium light and medium flow i think it is...

Anyways, almost 99% sure thats a hammer. Nice coral tho!

Ya the more I look up the more I agree with you. I think it is happy we're it is, so far!! I will keep it low cause I know those lights are powerful.

In the third pic i can see where is is an it looks like a perfect spot. Looks happy as well! Question, how many heads does that hammer have?? It looks massive.

I think it has 5 heads on it. I thought it was a steal for 40 bucks. It's about the size of a softball if not a tad bigger. My emerald crab has promptly made a home right underneath it. He blends in to it. I'm gonna try to feed a little tonight. Squirt some food in the current that flows around it. Defiantly happy with the purchase. Now I will wait a while before I introduce anything else.

Night pics, there is a hitchhiker in the second pic I think it is a snail, and sparking of snails the last pic is Gary the turbo snail giving his buddie a piggy back ride. To funny. :p

Well I was right it got knocked over in the night. Thank goodness I placed another rock under it to catch the fall. Think I will move it on to the gravel untill I decide on the final placement.

After trying out two places this is the happy place. It's inbedded in the rock enough that it shouldn't get knocked off in the night. "cross fingers"

Attachments

• image-3471949046.jpg
    image-3471949046.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 283
Its one animal and I got it for a steal $40bucks!!! I think the kid charged me wrong. It's a little bigger than a softball and has five heads on it. I think the kid charged me wrong but don't care worked in my favor!! :)

This could be a silly question but at night when they all go to sleep, I know the corals suck in!!! Is it normal for just one head to suck in this much but not the rest???

Ya that is kinda wierd. It has happened to my corals before an they were fine, then it happene to my hammer once and it never recovered. You will just have to see the results in the morning i guess. Should be ok

Back
Top Bottom